The Next Phase
- State Orders and Exports. // Soviet & Eastern European Foreign Trade;Fall89, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p70
Focuses on the ratification of a temporary provision by the Council of Ministers on the procedures for formulating state orders and exports in the Soviet Union. Significance of state orders; Reduction of the share of state demand; Factor included in the determination of the size of state orders.
- Systematic Risk and the Firm's Experimental Strategy. Harpaz, Giora; Thomadakis, Stavros B. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Sep82, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p363
The article presents a Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) developed to investigate "an experimental investment strategy" upon the firm's optimal output and investment decisions, systematic risk, and shareholders' wealth, assuming Bayesian learning. The model assumes a monopoly firm faces random...
- Business valuation. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/19/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4485, p17
This article addresses an inquiry about determining the value of a business. The key to valuing a business is identifying the party or parties that are likely to be in the market to buy it. Their property and business requirements and their expectations, can differ, and it is knowledge of their...
- Gusher on the Sell Side. Sikora, Martin; Harrison, Joan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May2005, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p28
The article focuses on the growth of the sell side of the merger and acquisition market in the U.S. as of May 2005. There is a strong demand for quality businesses from strategic buyers. The announcements by mid-sized to large companies that they are on sale and in search for strategic...
- N.H. exporters set a global pace in 2004. Simos, Evangelos Otto // New Hampshire Business Review;3/4/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p12
Reports that the state of New Hampshire outperformed all industrial countries in export growth in 2004. Percent rise in foreign sales of goods from New Hampshire companies; Demand for manufactured goods; Data for exports of non-manufactured goods; Overall export of goods from the United States.
- The Post-Keynesian and Institutionalist Theory of Money and Credit. Arestis, Philip; Eichner, Alfred S. // Journal of Economic Issues (Association for Evolutionary Economi;Dec88, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p1003
The emphasis in post-Keynesian and institutionalist monetary theory is on the proposition that "Monetary economics cannot help being institutional economics" and that "Capitalism is a monetary economy." In this view money capital is an institution that is inseparable from the other institutions...
- Strategic sustainability: Creating business value with life cycle analysis. Buxel, Holger; Esenduran, Gökçe; Griffin, Scott // Business Horizons;Jan2015, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p109
Markets are increasingly demanding more sustainable products and services, as well as more information about the environmental qualities of the products and services they use. To meet market expectations, modern management needs powerful tools that can create an understanding about the...
- Current Account Weakening. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Aug2005, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the weakening of the Argentine current account balance in 2005. Prediction that the current account surplus will continue to contract; Effect of the recovery of domestic demand on imports; Growth of Argentine exports.
- 5 TRADE INDICATORS: EXPORTS FROM MEXICO: 5.1 INTRODUCTION & METHODOLOGY. // Mexico Economic Studies;2007, p298
The article offers an overview about the exports from Mexico in 2007. The macroeconomics and trade models were used to estimate exports from the country for hundreds of product and industry categories. It provides rankings of exporters and figures are calculated to allow managers to compare the...