- Pesticide testing to be held April 13. // Graham Leader;4/4/2010, Vol. 134 Issue 67, p3A
The article provides information on the private pesticide applicator's licensing class to be conducted by the Young County office of Texas AgriLife Extension at the Young County Arena in Graham, Texas on April 13, 2010.
- Pesticides and Industrial Chemicals Added to Rotterdam Treaty. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;7/28/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 28, p13
Focuses on the decision of signatories to the September 1998 Rotterdam Convention to add two pesticides to the list of chemicals the treaty controls and created a process of adding as many as 50. Purpose of the convention for appointing an interim chemical review committee; Implication of the...
- Field trial of a genetically improved baculovirus insecticide. Cory, Jennifer S.; Hirst, Mark L. // Nature;7/14/1994, Vol. 370 Issue 6485, p138
Focuses on the first field test of a genetically modified baculovirus insecticide. Step towards engineering improved biological pesticides; Key aim of genetic engineering; Test under challenging conditions; Patterns of virus-induced mortality.
- Decade of destruction for rare birds. Wise, Jacqui // New Scientist;4/20/91, Vol. 130 Issue 1765, p16
Reports on the illegal killing of rare birds in Great Britain from 1979 to 1989. Types of birds killed and their estimated numbers; Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) and the Nature Conservancy Council's call for legislation and penalties and tighter control over the use of...
- Economics and pesticide regulation. Lichtenberg, Erik; Parker, Douglas D.; Sunding, David; Zilberman, David // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;1997 4th quarter, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p26
Comments on the analysis made by C.V. Moore and D. Villarejo on the authors' arguments regarding the impacts of canceling ethyl parathion uses. Role of pesticide experts' subjective judgments in analyzing productivity effects of pesticide use; Accounting for industry adaptation in economic...
- Effect of formulations and treatment methods of nursery boxes applied with insecticide on the behavior of imidacloprid in rice paddy fields. Dang Quoc THUYET; WATANABE, Hirozumi; MOTOBAYASHI, Takashi // Journal of Pesticide Science;2011, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p9
No abstract available.
- Report highlights threat of reduced pesticide controls. // Horticulture Week;10/31/2014, p25
The article offers information on a report accredited by Crop Protection Association, Agricultural industries Confederation, and National Farmers Union (NFU) regarding the threat of pesticide restriction for agricultural production in Great Britain.
- Analysis of carbamate pesticides in water samples using single-drop microextraction and gas chromatography—mass spectrometry. Saraji, Mohammad; Esteki, Nafise // Analytical & Bioanalytical Chemistry;Jun2008, Vol. 391 Issue 3, p1091
Single-drop microextraction (SDME) followed by gas chromatographyâ€“mass spectrometry detection was used for the determination of some carbamate pesticides in water samples. The studied pesticides were thiofanox, carbofuran, pirimicarb, methiocarb, carbaryl, propoxur, desmedipham and...
- Night crop spraying is small price to pay to save honeybees. Carr, Stephen // Crops;5/24/2014, p50
The article presents the author's views on a ban on pesticide spraying during the daytime in France. He opines that due to concerns about bee colony collapse disorder and the decline in French honey production from 33,000t in 1995 to 15,000t in 2013, French agriculture minister Stephane Le Foll...