New York City region
- WHERE TO MAKE OUT. Fagone, Jason // Cincinnati;Feb2003, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p59
Presents several parks in Cincinnati, Ohio offering privacy to couples. Beach. Location of parks; Privacy factors of the parks; Attraction of the park The Blind Lemon, Mount Adams.
- San Diego Wild Animal Park. // Romantic Weekends: Southern California;1997, p192
Provides information on San Diego Wild Animal Park in San Diego, California. Attractions in the park; Restaurants to dine in; Hotels to stay in.
- A park on a historic site. Moorhead, G. // Architectural Record;Sep1990, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p29
Describes a two-acre urban park with waterworks designed by John Burgee Architects on the site of the Shamrock Hotel, a local cultural monument in Houston.
- HOLLYWOOD HIKES. // Backpacker;May2005, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p35
Provides information on the Fort Stevens State Park in Oregon.
- A London tradition: a walk in the park. Andreae, Christopher // Christian Science Monitor;1/31/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 46, p17
Discusses the parks in London, England, and suggests that touring parks is an inexpensive way to enjoy the city.
- Elizabeth Park, a Rosarian's Paradise. BRANDER, SUE M. // Early American Homes;Spring99 Special Issues Gardens, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p50
Explores the Elizabeth Park in Hartford, Connecticut. Plants that predominate the park system; What the park's educational mission provides.
- City in line for major amusement park? Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/29/93, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p1A
Reports on the plan to construct an amusement park in Marion County, Indiana. Skepticism over the project; Planned area coverage; Non-disclosure of park developer; Funding as possible obstacle.
- Bill ties agency's future to opening Kartchner Caverns. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;05/25/98, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the opening of Kartchner Caverns State Park in Tucson Arizona. Health and integrity maintenance of the living cave.
- Reserving a spot in a state park soon to be as simple as dialing (877) CAMP-N-LA. // Louisiana Life;Winter1999/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p79
Focuses on Louisiana's state parks.
- Report details threats to the parks. // National Parks;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 66 Issue 11/12, p20
Outlines the National Parks and Conservation Association's (NPCA) 1992 report titled `Parks in Peril: the Race Against Time Continues,' a follow-up report to the NPCA's 1991 report on the state of the National Park System, `A Race Against Time.' NPCA's proposals to remedy problems; Backlog of...