New York State heritage areas
- Those who forget history are bound to dig it up. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;01/05/98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p4
Opinion. Comments on the condition of Nevada State Archives, one of the smallest agencies in the state government. Comparison with archival programs in other Western states; Number of positions; Reputation for working more with the business community than with historians; Addition of temporary...
- From the world's archives. Betzler, J.; Sane, O. // UNESCO Courier;May89, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p12
Discusses libraries, archives, and manuscript collections in Africa, India, the Soviet Union, and the Vatican. Secret Archives of the Vatican; India's National Academy of Letters; Manuscripts in Muslim Black Africa; Soviet Union's Central State Archives of Literature and Art, and other...
- The Archives Collection, a laboratory for the future. Segola, A. // UNESCO Courier;May89, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p18
Discusses the `Multilateral Agreement on Archival Research and Co-Publications' (`Archives Agreement') and its series of published literary works known as the Archives Collection. Focuses on the Archives Collection's Latin American Literary series. Latin American, Caribbean and African...
- Archives in the Guatemalan western highlands. Grandin, Greg; René, Reeves // Latin American Research Review;1996, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p105
Provides information on seven archives in Guatemala. Documents pertaining to colonial Central America and republican Guatemala; Material related to city administrations since Quezaltenango was incorporated in 1806; Information on the administration of the colonia corregimiento.
- NASCENCE, RENAISSANCE AND THE ARCHIVE IN SOUTH AFRICA. Harris, Verne // S. A. Archives Journal;2001/2002, Vol. 42, p1
Examines whether there is a nascence or renaissance in South Africa's archives in 2001. Definition of archives, nascence and renaissance; Questions related to the progress or lack of progress in South Africa's archives; Recordkeeping paradigm in public archives services; Author's...
- Archives. Altman, Ellen; Pratt, Allan // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Jul95, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p325
Presents an abstract of the article `The First Generation of Electronic Records Archivists in the United States: A Study in Professionalism,' by Richard J. Cox, published in a 1994 issue of `Primary Sources & Original Works.'
- Production, Preservation, and Use of Ethiopian Archives (Fourteenth--Eighteenth Centuries). WION, ANA�S; BERTRAND, PAUL // Northeast African Studies;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, preceding p150
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including an article about the documents and archives created in Ethiopia, a study of Ethiopian documents and an analysis of the recording and promulgating of acts during the 16th century.
- Cone of silence. Budiansky, S. // U.S. News & World Report;3/2/92, Vol. 112 Issue 8, p13
Reports that the National Archives holds 80,000 cubic feet of classified military documents, perhaps 200 million pages' worth. The oldest military document in its collection; President George Bush is expected to issue an order eliminating interagency duplication.
- Registers of documentary heritage. // UNESCO Sources;Jun95, Issue 70, p19
Reports that the Registers of Documentary Heritage covering national, regional and international levels was one of the recommendations made by the Advisory Committee of the `United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization's (UNESCO) Memory of the World Programme.' Aim of the...
- Archives of the people, by the people, for the people. Ketelaar, Eric // S. A. Archives Journal;1992, Vol. 34, p5
Presents information on archival interests in South Africa. Roles of archives; What democracies are built on; Mission of the South African History Archive; Goals of archivists; Information on questions archivists should be prepared to answer.