- Financial firms in the crosshairs may look for freshman friends. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;12/8/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 131, p3
The article reports on the heavy regulations sanctioned by the Congress to the financial services companies in the U.S.
- First Union, MassMutual Collaborate On Defined Benefit Retirement Plan. // Bank Investment Consultant;Aug2000, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p16
Reports on developments concerning the United States financial services industry as of August 2000. Inclusion of a strategic alliance between First Union's Capital Management Group and MassMutual to offer a bundled defined benefit retirement plan; Goldman Sachs Asset Management's launch of its...
- Letter from...DOUGLAS. // CA Magazine;Jun/Jul2000, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the pressure on offshore financial centres such as the Isle of Man, England. Reason for placing funds offshore; Offshore investment management company established by Tilney Investment Management IoM Limited.
- New York Area's Top SBA Lenders. // Crain's New York Business;12/9/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p22
No abstract available.
- OPENING REMARKS. Stewart Jr., Jamie B. // Economic Policy Review (19320426);Oct2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p1
Discusses issues affecting the financial services industry. Emergence of divergent corporate strategies among financial institutions; Questions about specialization and diversification in the financial system.
- From the Editor. Ciccotello, Conrad // Financial Services Review;Fall2005, Vol. 14 Issue 3, preceding p169
Introduces a series of articles on the financial services industry.
- Educational loan program saves hassles. Kjos, Tiffany // Inside Tucson Business;07/10/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p8
Reports on developments concerning financial services and financial institutions in Tucson, Arizona as of July 10, 2000. Inclusion of the University of Phoenix's offer of its PLATO Educational Loan Program; Study by the National Association of Investors Corp. on Americans' tendency to hand over...
- Debit cards for small business owners replace checks. Gerrie, Sharon // Las Vegas Business Press;03/06/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p20
Cites developments concerning financial services and financial institutions in the Las Vegas, Nevada area as of March 6, 2000. Includes U.S. Bank's launch of UBank Business Check Cards, a family of debit cards designed for small business owners; Insurance fraud conviction of Darlene Trammel,...
- Nevada bankers looking at state of their industry. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;03/12/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p15
Looks at developments in the financial services industry of Las Vegas, Nevada as of March 12, 2001. Banking industry's acknowledgement that the slowing economy has led to tighter loan standards; Placement of First Nevada Insurance Co. in receivership; Financial performance of Nevada State...