Daimler Trucks North America opens Saltillo, Mexico, manufacturing truck plant
- Daimler Trucks adds shift at Portland plant. // Bulk Transporter;Jan2012, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p27
The article reports on the announcement made by Daimler Trucks North America LLC (DTNA) regarding its plans to add a second shift and increase production at its truck manufacturing plant in Portland, Oregon. It states that the new shift will result in an increase in personnel by 50% at the...
- Daimler Trucks investing $375 million to bring engine line to Detroit facility. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2015, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p5
The article reports that Daimler Trucks spent 375 million dollars to begin manufacturing of DD5 and DD8 medium-duty engines at the Detroit brand main office and manufacturing plant in Redford, Michigan.
- Daimler adds second shift to increase plant's truck output. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p18
The article reports on the decision of Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) to add a second shift and increase production at its Freightliner Truck Manufacturing Plant in Cleveland, North Carolina.
- Fleet Sentiment Report reflects stronger purchasing vs. a year ago. // Fleet Equipment;Dec2011, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p20
The article presents industry news as of December 2011. An increase of 17 percent total net orders was released by the company FTR Associates of its Class 8 trucks, around North American Original Equipment Manufacturers. Roush Clean Tech, propane autogas demo vehicle was released by the company...
- Small fire at DTNA's Gastonia plant quickly extinguished. // Fleet Owner Blog;10/25/2012, p2
The article reports that a small fire at the plant of Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) in Gastonia, North Carolina, was extinguished quickly before it caused major damage.
- In it Together. Campbell, Gillian // Quality;Mar2011, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p6
The article presents the author's views on the recipient of the annual Plant of the Year award of the "Quality" magazine which recognizes a plant that has applied quality technology and techniques that result to improved productivity and improved adherence to quality standards. It mentions that...
- Daimler Trucks opens new Mexico plant. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;May/Jun2009, p10
The article reports on the opening of a new plant owned by Daimler Trucks North America in Saltilo, Mexico. The opening ceremony was attended by Mexican President Felipe CalderÃ³n. It is expected that the new plant will create 1,400 jobs and will produce Freightliner's new flagship, the...
- Daimler AG opens truck plant in Mexico. // North Texas Automotive Report;Apr2009, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on the opening of Germany-based automaker Daimler AG's plant in 2009 in Mexico. The company said the plant will produce trucks up to 30,000 annually for the Mexican, U.S. and Canadian markets and will create 1,600 jobs directly and about 1,100 jobs indirectly. Chris...
- Daimler Trucks Ramps Up With 1,100 New Positions at Cleveland Plant. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;1/12/2012, p1
The article reports that Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) will create more than 1,100 new jobs by the end 2012 by adding a second shift and ramping up production at its Freightliner Truck Manufacturing Plant in Cleveland, North Carolina. It informs that a majority of the positions will be...