- Workers shun holidays. Higginbottom, Karen // People Management;1/10/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p13
Presents information on the research conducted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) on self-confessed workaholics in Great Britain. Remarks from CIPD adviser on employee relations Mike Emmott; Results of the survey.
- Selecting a Training Program For New Trainers. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1983, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p96
Focuses on factors considered by training directors when choosing an appropriate program for new trainers. Popularity of the in-house train-the-trainer program; Basic competencies necessary for the inexperienced instructor to perform as an effective trainer; Instructor competencies.
- Feet-on-the-Floor Guidelines for Using Technology in Training. Steele, Judith H. // Training & Development Journal;Sep84, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p22
Presents guidelines for investing in training technology. Training needs assessment; Types of training technology; Measurement of the technology's effectiveness.
- Practicum. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1984, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p12
Enumerates best practices in training and development. Product performance measures in the pharmaceutical industry; Tips for training older workers; Transfer of learning programs implemented by companies.
- issues. // Training & Development Journal;Feb83, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p6
Comments on papers published in the 'Training and Development Journal.' Behavioral approach in developing and effective disciplinary procedure; Evaluation of a communications training program; Cognitive approach to culturally appropriate human resources development program.
- HRD Marketplace: Employment Outlook. Gorovitz, Elizabeth S. // Training & Development Journal;Feb83, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p71
Discusses the state of the job market for human resources personnel. Careers in employee training; Areas of human resource development that will require more manpower in the future; Demand for human resource planning personnel.
- Why Not Borrow Successful Techniques for Program Development? Berry, Thomas R.; Jenkins, Elizabeth K. // Training & Development Journal;Feb83, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p84
Focuses on successful techniques for developing employee training programs. Details of the critical incident approach; Participant-oriented training implications; Interviewing techniques.
- new training tools. // Training & Development Journal;Feb83, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p90
Features various training tools available in the market as of February 1983. 'Pep Talk' series of on-the-job weekly meetings; Transpaque overhead projector; International Safety Rating System evaluation tool.
- 'CONTRADICTION' CAN SPELL TROUBLE. Sanders, Larry W. // Training & Development Journal;Oct80, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p59
Discusses the problems that training and development professionals encounter when they present contradicting models, theories or practices without recognizing them. Damage to the trainer's credibility; Lack of depth of understanding of the material presented; Other reasons why trainers present...