Games of skill
- Will there be a lasting effect? Tonkin, Tim // Third Sector;6/26/2012, Issue 712, p8
The article examines the effects of the London 2012 Summer Olympics on the volunteering levels within communities near the Olympic Park. It speculates on whether the Games will boost levels of volunteering, which has remained flat in England and Wales in past years. It points out the divided...
- Games legacy is far from certain. Cook, Stephen // Third Sector;6/26/2012, Issue 712, p14
The author reflects on what will happen to the volunteers who make up 50% of the workforce for the London 2012 Olympic Games after the games have come and gone. He points out how an analysis of this issue indicates that although there have been some helpful projects along the way, there is a...
- EMPLOYMENT LAW ADVICE. // Commercial Motor;8/25/2011, Vol. 216 Issue 5447, p22
The article presents questions and answers related to the recruitment of volunteers organisers of the Olympics Games in London, England which include how it affect employers, the options if an employer grants time off to volunteers and how employers can deal with volunteers taking time off to...
- Search is on for Olympic volunteers. Simons, Graham // Recruiter;7/21/2010, p5
The article announces the search for 70,000 volunteers for the Olympic Games in London, England in 2012.
- LONDON 2012 UDPATE. Philbin, Hilary // Sword;Oct2011, p14
The article presents an update on fencing at the 2012 London Olympics in England as of October 2011. Like other sports, a fencing test event will be held at Exhibition Centre London (ExCeL) on November 26 and 27. The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games (LOCOG) also started selecting...
- 'Just 2% inspired by Olympics'. Hudson, Sophie // Third Sector;4/9/2013, Issue 747, p6
The article reports that only 2% of adults in Great Britain have been inspired by the Olympic and Paralympic Games to volunteer based on research conducted by the consultancy nfpSynergy.
- Get your own Games Makers. CRUSH, PETER; FARAQHER, JO; JEFFERY, ROBERT; KIRTON, HAYLEY; LEWIS, GRACE; SCOTT, ANNA; WALLER, DAVID // People Management;May2014, p25
The article discusses the value of the role of volunteers relating to the volunteer Games Makers to the London 2012 Olympics in England, and suggests their need for a sense of belonging as well as training to hep achieve an organization's goal.
- Olympiad challenge. Pacey, Emily // Design Week;4/15/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p9
The article focuses on the opportunities for the design industry to compete for procurement processes of 2012 Olympic Games. The article reports that designing firms might have an opportunity to compete for the cultural projects program Cultural Olympiads of the London Organising Committee for...
- Olympic organiser goes ahead with activities despite lack of suppliers. Quainton, David // Event;Oct2008, p15
The article deals with the search of the London Organizing Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) for event suppliers as of October 2008. LOCOG press officer Adrian Bassett said the bid for event agencies in Great Britain is still open and the plans for prestigious opening and...