- Getting to grips with law changes. Martindale, Nick // Personnel Today;3/31/2009, p24
The article presents the views of HR managers on the labor law changes to be implemented from April 2009 in Great Britain. Paul Sellers, policy officer at the TUC, believes the new holiday entitlement will affect companies in the restaurant trade, health service and office support activities,...
- The fixer. // People Management;Jun2014, p51
The article presents questions and answers related to human resources (HR) management, including way to deal with employers who ignores employment law and an offer by an employer to serve as account manager instead of an HR business partner.
- Is your business ready for flexible working. // Management Services;Feb2003, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p3
British employees will have the right to request more flexible working hours under 'family-friendly' legislation. One in three people said flexible working hours were more important to them than a higher wage, suggesting that employers need to be ready for a possible deluge of requests from...
- A penny for your thoughts, Imelda. // Personnel Today;11/18/2008, p1
The article reports that Sainsbury's HR director Imelda Walsh has been silent on the issue of flexible working as the debate she started has continued since May 2008. Walsh's government-commissioned report surprised people in Great Britain when it recommended the right to request flexible...
- Welcome for move on flexible working. Golding, Nick // Resourcing;Sep2008, Issue 8, p8
The article presents several views on the consultation document of the British government to simplify the administration of requests for flexible working. Craig Holland, head of resourcing and planning at Airmiles, believes that the consultation document will create a more diverse workforce....
- Employment Law Conference Draws Curious And Concerned. // HR Magazine;May2003, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p133
Reports on the 2003 Employment Law and Legislative Conference of the Society for Human Resource Management. U.S. regulations highlighted by conference sessions; Speakers at the conference.
- Flip-side of Yahoo debate: Is flextime required? // HR Specialist: Employment Law;Apr2013, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by Rodney, a muman resources (HR) case manager for a New York City service agency, who suffered schizophrenia, against his employer under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). It states that Rodney took advantage of his employer's flextime when his...
- The FLSA comp time controversy: Fostering flexibility or diminishing worker rights? Walsh, David J. // Berkeley Journal of Employment & Labor Law;1999, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p74
Examines private sector employers provision of compensatory time off (comp time) in lieu of overtime pay under the Fair Labor Standards Act, 1938 in the United States. Discussion of the law allowing the use of comp time in the public sector; Impact of comp time on the rights of workers;...
- Data file flexible working. Farrell, Linda; Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;12/3/2002, p14
Focuses on The Employment Act 2002 regarding flexible working hours for parents in Great Britain which will come into force on April 6, 2003. Employee group covered under the act; Provisions regarding responsibilities of employers; Other provisions in the act.