Ulrich seeks credible activists
- Lessons learned. // Human Resources (09648380);Dec2008, p30
The article presents the response of fellow Ross School of Business professor at the University of Michigan, Michigan, Dave Ulrich and Wayne Brockbank to the critics of Ulrich's business partner model. It is stated that, the model focuses on the issues that general managers need help with to...
- A crisis can be an opportunity. Woods, David // Human Resources (09648380);Mar2009, p12
Information about the Human Resources (HR) Leaders Club meeting sponsored by Buck Consultants Inc. is presented. It was attended by HR directors, academics and industry leaders. The meeting focused on the opportunities that could be offered by the current economic downturn. In the meeting, Dave...
- BUSINESS CALENDAR. // Business Journal (Central New York);5/22/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p16
A calendar of events for the New York City area in May 27, 2009 to June 22, 2009 is presented including Syracuse University Graduate Exploration Night, Lectures on Leadership Series and CNY Society for Human Resource Management Annual Conference.
- What the academics say. // Human Resources (09648380);Jun2010, p47
The article presents the ideas of several academics including Dave Ulrich, Wayne Brockbank, Aleksei Gastev about human resource (HR).
- Symposium looks at clean-tech opportunities in China. Henderson, Tom // Crain's Detroit Business;12/6/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p2
The article offers information on a day long symposium to be held by the University of Michigan in the first week of December 2010 to focus on clean-tech opportunities in China for Michigan businesses.
- U-M regents meet in GR on Thursday. Slowik, Elizabeth // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/12/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p4
The article offers information on a meeting to be conducted by regents of the University of Michigan at the Gerald R. and Betty Ford Ballroom of the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in Grand Rapids, Michigan in April 2010.
- LEADERSHIP CHALLENGE. // People Management;12/23/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 25, p47
The article reports that over 120 members of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) Central Southern branch have taken part in a branch conference on the challenge of leadership in Great Britain in November 2004. The format of the event, resembling a television chat show...
- Know thyself (and thy staff's names). // People Management;5/3/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p17
The article focuses on the participation of Heather Rabbatts, executive chairwoman of Millwall Football Club, in the Human Resource Development 2007 event held in London, England. Rabbatts emphasized that people with leadership aspirations must project energy and be conscious of their own...
- Upcoming. // HR Magazine;Apr2009, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p94
A calendar of events related to human resources in the U.S. in April 2009 is presented, which includes the Professional in Human Resources (PHR)/Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) Certification Preparation Course, Leadership Development for HR Professionals and Staffing Management...