Game of doubles helps charity
- Training supervisors to manage teleworkers. Grensing-Pophal, Lin // HR Magazine;Jan1999, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p67
Provides information on supervisory training skills essential to personnel management. Advantages of supervisor training programs; Team training considerations; Staff training.
- Executive Leadership Solutions staff complete CPC training. // National Petroleum News;Apr2006, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p44
The article reports that the officers and employees of Florida-based Executive Leadership Solutions have completed the requirements of the National Association of Petroleum Services' certification program Certified Personnel Consultants (CPC). In the CPC program, executive recruiters are trained...
- Training for trainers. // People Management;10/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p68
Provides information on training programmes of several personnel management companies which are designed for personnel management trainers in Great Britain. Training on communication and counselling skills from the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD); Training on internal consultancy;...
- Master strokes. Miles, Gary // People Management;11/9/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p63
Discusses the importance of updating the business administration masteral programs of human resource (HR) practitioners. Global challenges facing masters for business administration (MBA) degree programs; Role of organizations and companies in its HR practitioner's MBA development plan; Factors...
- Middle-Management Training. Hubbard, Andrew // Mortgage Banking;Jan2002, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p108
Recommends a training curriculum for middle managers. Characteristics of supervisory training courses; Components of an executive-management training curriculum; Topics that should be incorporated in training courses.
- COACH, CHALLENGE, LEAD: Developing an Indispensable Management Team. Scott, Gail // Healthcare Executive;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the inputs required from corporate executives to develop an indispensable and efficient management team. Receptivity to changes in working environment; Identification of areas requiring change; Instructions on how to coach the team; Description of a coaching model; Efforts required...
- How do you train managers to care about their employees? Ludeman, Kate // Business Forum;Spring90, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the need for managers to be trained on how to care about their employees. Stimulation of shifts in employees' attitudes; Worth ethic development areas; Installing the worth ethic.
- Employers must rethink managers' development. Reade, Quentin // Personnel Today;2/4/2003, p7
Cites findings of a report by the Work Foundation on the effectiveness of management training in Great Britain. Key to improve skills and performance of executives according to the foundation; Need to recognize the importance of undergraduate learning according to the report; Impact of lack of...
- CBI chief urges HR to create value. Nelson, Paul // Personnel Today;3/18/2003, p11
Discusses the pivotal role of human resource (HR) in running a successful business. Need to place HR on organisations' main boards; Motivate senior HR professionals to become directors on main company boards; Need to train managers to take stress off employees.