Stephen Dando to head HR at media giant
- 'It is possible to manage disruptive change and take staff with you.'. Smedley, Tim // People Management;6/3/2010, p16
The article features Stephen Dando, executive vice-president and chief human resources (HR) officer at Thomson Reuters. According to Dando, his illustrious rise in the HR profession is partly due to the people who trusted in him at key moments. He claims that his career in HR has started during...
- Editorial. Rock, Stuart // Director;Feb1995, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p9
Editorial. Focuses on the rise of Reuters to superpower status in the world of information provision. Reason why Great Britain could be a leading nation in the information-driven 21st century; How Great Britain in rated in the world of technical telecommunications infrastructure; In which...
- Today's news, tomorrow's company. Kay, Helen // Director;Feb1995, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p20
Profiles Reuters, the world's largest provider of electronic information. Establishment of the company; How the company has grown; Financial status of the company; Examination of the sales of financial information at the Great Britain-based company; Profile of the company's chief executive...
- Reuters sees tech as ticket to ride. Whitestone, Randy // Inter@ctive Week;05/12/97, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p54
Reports on the growth of the global financial news and data company Reuters Holdings PLC. Total number of alliances with Web publishers; Acquisition of the two Internet companies Reality Online Inc. and Tibco Inc.; Total amount of revenue generated by the company.
- Bullish on traders. Daily, Laura // Restaurant Business;06/15/98, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p100
Focuses on Traders Bar & Grill restaurant at the Sheraton Centre Toronto's alliance with the Reuters Information Service to offer live financial market news to its customers. Opportunity for diners to log in the restaurant's data port stations; Comments of general manager Jeff Ball on the...
- Reuters offering `open architecture' trading software. Tracey, Brian // American Banker;12/11/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 237, p15
Focuses on Reuters Ltd.'s Kobra system of financial markets trading software designed to operate on different types of computer hardware. Initial availability for use on Sun Microsystems Inc. workstations; Other options.
- REUTERS ISSUES NEW FREELANCER CONTRACT. Defoore, Jay // Photo District News;Jan2004, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the changes to Reuter's freelance contract, which limits the resale options of photographers and grants more power to the company, as of January 1, 2004.
- The Wired Revolution. King, Katie // Nieman Reports;Winter2000, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p50
Looks at how Reuters journalists package online multimedia news to fit consumers' needs. Key features of the multimedia Online Reports product suite from Reuters; How Internet technology has forced journalists to reinvent how news content are packaged.
- Where currency chaos means big profits. Sivy, Michael // Money;Sep93, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p59
Looks at ways in which speculators made money as the European currency crisis exploded in early August 1993. Suggestion to buy shares of Reuters Holdings, the world's leading electronic publisher of news and financial information; The company's new high-tech trading systems, which allow clients...