THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY
- Economic And Political Crisis Converging. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2009, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p1
The article presents the economic and political outlook in Thailand through 2009. According to the view of Business Monitor International (BMI), the country's forecasted dim in the export sector and the lingering political tensions are the key hindrances to a faster economic recovery. BMI...
- Economy Recovering, But Political Risks Remain. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Oct2009, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p3
The article presents an analysis on the economic and political developments of Thailand in 2009. According to Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI), the gross domestic product (GDP) data for the second quarter of the year suggests an improvement in the economy. It forecasts that the shaky...
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Kingdom of Thailand;Jan2012, p6
The article presents information on the economy of Thailand. The country's economy is dependent on export, which helped Thailand recover from the 1997-1998 Asian financial crisis. Economic growth was weakened by political uncertainty and the global financial crisis in 2008. In 2010, the...
- Executive Summary. // Thailand Business Forecast Report;2007 3rd Quarter, p5
The article presents political and economic-related developments in Thailand.
- Executive Summary. // Thailand Business Forecast Report;2010 3rd Quarter, p7
The article reports on the impact of the political unrest on the economy of Thailand in 2010.
- Executive Summary. // Thailand Business Forecast Report;2011 4th Quarter, Issue 4, p5
The article offers information related to the economic forecasts and condition of Thailand which includes estimates on growth risks, balance of payments, and the position by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on the constitutional amendment.
- THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2010, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p2
The article offers several topics in Thailand including the decision of the Election Commission that the Democrat Party of Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva should be terminated for breaching laws on political donations, the move of the government to limit excise duties on flexible fuel vehicles...
- THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the political, economic and business environment risk in Thailand including the formation of a legal team to represent the country to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) to clarify territorial boundary issues between Thailand and Cambodia, the proposal of Thailand's...
- APPENDIX. // Thailand Country Profile;Oct2014, p78
An appendix to the publication "PESTLE Country Analysis Report: Thailand" is presented.