- Kids did it! Rinard, Judith E. // National Geographic World;Apr98, Issue 272, p33
Focuses on achievements children have made in sports. Information on Danielle Pernell, a second-degree black belt in tang soo do karate; Iggy Labanauskas' victory in the 1997 USA Junior Olympic Regatta Midwest; Travis Hasley's victory in 1996 World Age-Group Championship trampoline meet; Tara...
- FROM STUDENT CONTROL TO INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL OF HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS: THREE MICHIGAN CITIES, 1883-1905. Mirel, Jeffrey // Journal of Social History;Winter82, Vol. 16 Issue 2
Examines the evolution of high school athletics from student control to institutional control in Michigan. Categories in the development of high school athletics; Background of the institutionalization of athletics; Interpretations on the conformity and anti-intellectualism in school athletics.
- Student-athletes' perceptions of high school sports participation. Butterfield, Stephen A.; Brown Jr., Bruce R. // Physical Educator;Fall91, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p123
Examines the high school sports experience from the perspective of student-athletes in the United States. Composition of subjects who participated in study; Design of questionnaire to assess subjects' perceptions of experiences as high school athletes; Injury rate among subjects; Focus on...
- SUDDEN IMPACT. Lohn, John // Swimming World & Junior Swimmer;Feb2004, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p18
Presents information on the role of high school athletes in the makeup of the U.S. Olympic team.
- Lots of things going on in the sports world. Craig, Wayne // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);4/30/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 18, p1B
The article provides information on the All Sports Banquet event to be held on May 18, 2008 at Burnet High School in Texas.
- MHS makes noise at state level. Hannigan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);5/21/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 21, p8A
The article offers information on several students of Malakoff High School winning in the different state competition such as Dylon Neal and Jake King winning the top place in the boys' doubles tennis, Rayvonna Garner placing seventh overall in the discus throw, and Kaitlyn Dosser beating 25...
- A study of the relationsihp between life events and incidence of injury in high school football. Gunnoe, A.G.; Horodyski, M.B. // Journal of Athletic Training;Apr-Jun98 Supplement, Vol. 33 Issue 2, pS8
Presents a study which sought to determine if a life-stress-injury relationship exists among high school football players. Reference to the data collected; How the data gathered was analyzed; Modification of the Life Events Scale for College Athletes; Significance of the incidence of injury;...
- Hays High girls place 3rd, boys take 5th in Giddings. Gordon, Jason // Free Press (Buda, TX);10/21/2009, Vol. 106 Issue 29, p1B
The article reports on the result of the Giddings meet in Texas in which the Hays High School girls finished third in the two-mile course run while its boy runners places fifth with a 14th place in the overall three-mile course.
- AMC sports medicine to host weekly summer programs. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/5/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 133, pA8
The article offers information on the Athletic Development Camps for youth and high school athletes sponsored by Adirondack Medical Center Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Department in Saranac Lake, New York.