- Peace banner displayed during gunfire. Schaeffer-Duffy, Scott // National Catholic Reporter;9/7/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 38, p18
Relates experience during the Israeli-Palestine conflict in Bethlehem. Trip of the members of the Catholic Worker Peace Team to the battle zone; Treatment of Palestinians inside the islands of Palestinian control; Situations of the innocent victims of the conflict.
- At the Edge of an Abyss. // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2002, Vol. 8/9 Issue 4/1, p7
Focuses on the violence between Palestine and Israel. Impact of Israeli government's policies on private and public sector; Need for Israeli forces to withdraw in Palestinian territories; Implementation of United Nations resolutions 242,338,1397, 1402 and 1403.
- Settlements and Peace: Consensus Grows That Israel Cannot Have Both. Brownfeld, Allan C. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Aug/Sep2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p69
Discusses the causes of the impasse in the movement toward Middle East peace. Zionists' belief that God gave all of the 'Land of Israel' to the Jews; Militant Palestinian groups' rejection of the idea of a Jewish state; Argument that Israel cannot have peace and continued settlements in the...
- Origins of the Israeli/Palestinian Conflict. Schafer, David // Humanist;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p14
Explores how the armed conflict between the Palestinian people and the state of Israel got started. Resistance to Zionism from its very inception from the most orthodox elements in Judaism; Factor that led to the formation of a Jewish military group, which later became the terrorist...
- Strong Reaction in SE Asia to Israeli Attacks, U.S. Indulgence. Gee, John // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p36
Reports the condemnation of Muslim states on the Israeli attacks on Palestine. Views of Singapore on the U.S. position of the attacks; Implication of the Malaysian support of the al-Qaeda condemnation on the U.S. position on the Israeli attacks; Protest of Malaysian demonstrators outside the...
- How Will Israel Survive? Dickey, Christopher; Klaidman, Daniel // Bulletin with Newsweek;4/2/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6318, p60
Focuses on the social implications of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Attitude of the Jews; Emergence of a 'new anti-Semitism'; Role of the Israeli military machinery.
- Deadlier next time? Beyer, Lisa; Klein, Aharon // Time;12/16/1996, Vol. 148 Issue 27, p22
Discusses reports that Yasser Arafat's Palestinian security forces are trying to obtain an arsenal of antitank and antiaircraft missiles. The implications of such an acquisition for Israel.
- Vatican minister calls for observers. Donovan, Gill // National Catholic Reporter;2/8/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p7
Reports on recommendations of Vatican City officials for international observers in Jerusalem during the ongoing conflict between Israel and Palestine as of February 8, 2002. Role of the observers in promoting peace among the two countries; Response of Israeli government to the recommendations.
- Face-off. // New York Times Upfront (Teacher's Edition);5/6/2002, Vol. 134 Issue 14, p4
Presents a teaching plan on the history of the violence between Israelis and Palestinians in the U.S. Outline on the objectives and questions of the topic; Use of strategies to help students understand the roots of the violence; Influences of personalities and symbolism in the events of the region.