Cleveland Still Waiting for 'Imminent' Airport Decision
- Cleveland Gets Ready to Sell $580 Million of Airport Bonds. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;09/13/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30974, p26
Reports on Cleveland, Ohio's plan to issue a package comprised of fixed-rate airport revenue bonds and variable-rate demand bonds for the expansion of the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. Impact of the size of the issue on its pricing; Total amount of the bond issue.
- Airport Plan Floated. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;05/18/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30894, p1
Reports on plans by the Cleveland, Ohio, city council to issue airport revenue bonds to finance a new runway at the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. Scheduled date of the bond issue; Past debt issues launched by Cleveland to finance other municipal projects; Details of the city's master...
- Cleveland Mayor Criticizes Apparent Inactivity on Airport Expansion Deal. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;06/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30910, p4
Reports that Cleveland, Ohio Mayor Michael R. White is putting pressure on the City Council to approve a key bond issue for the expansion of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. List of Cleveland airport debt sales; White's relations with the council; Airport revenues to back the issue.
- Take off. // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/22/95, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p8
Opinion. Comments on the proposed expansion of the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. Extension of the runway; Development of a regional approach to air service.
- Brook Park lands key punch in airport battle. Baird, Kristen // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/1/96, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p15
Reports that Brook Park has won a legal battle over Cleveland in 1995 over expansion plans for Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. Revision of the plans for the airport; Zoning ordinances of Brook Park.
- Flight plan. // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/12/96, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p10
Opinion. Comments on the agreement between the Ohio cities of Brook Park and Cleveland involving the expansion of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. Conflict between the two cities that preceded the settlement; Need for an independent authority to oversee the region's airports; Delay in...
- Airports land trade zone status. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/07/97, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p39
Reports on the designation of Cleveland, Ohio-based Burke Lakefront and Cleveland Hopkins International airports as foreign trade zones. Approval of the airports as extensions of the area's primary trade zone at the Port of Cleveland.
- Airport project mired in a holding pattern. Beauprez, Jennifer // Crain's Cleveland Business;03/09/98, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p3
States that it will take 16 months before the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport runway expansion project gets started despite the okay given by the Cleveland City Council in January 1998. Details on the federal requirements which need to be met before construction can begin; Information...
- Airports honored. // Transportation & Distribution;Jul96, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p12
Reports that the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport has received the Balchen/Post Award for outstanding achievement in snow and ice control during the winter of 1995-96 in the large commercial airport category.