SEC's Levitt Taps Levine for Congressional Affairs
- Will it be peace in our time? Singleton-Green, Brian // Accountancy;Nov2000, Vol. 126 Issue 1287, p21
Reports on the efforts of Arthur Levitt, chairman of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), to restrict the services that auditors can provide to their audit clients. Political pressure on Levitt; Weakness in the case of the SEC.
- Levitt to stand down. // Accountancy;Feb2001, Vol. 127 Issue 1290, p16
Reports the resignation of Arthur Levitt as chairman of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Levitt rails against mutual funds' hidden fees and unresponsiveness. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;05/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30395, p40
Focuses on Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Arthur Levitt's message to mutual-fund professionals at a meeting of the Investment Company Institute regarding mutual fund managers who failed to educate shareholders and explain the risks of investing in the United States. Description of...
- Political animal. Maher, Philip // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/27/97, Vol. 63 Issue 43, p2
Focuses on US Securities and Exchange Commission chairman Arthur Levitt's political battles. Conflicts with the financial community resulting from his support to the Financial Accounting Standards Board; Rumors of his renomination; Banking industry's campaign against Levitt.
- SEC Renews Push for Open Limit Order Books. Hendrickson, Mark // Securities Industry News;04/24/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 16, p1
Reports that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has set a roundtable meeting to discuss SEC Chairman Arthur Levitt's interest in greater limit order transparency. Agenda; Participants; Levitt's remarks on the need for deeper transparency; Benefits from making order books...
- Senate panel approves Levitt for SEC. // American Banker;7/23/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 140, p2
Reports on the Senate Banking Committee's unanimous approval of the appointment of Arthur Levitt Jr as chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission. Other nominations approved.
- SEC chairman to keynote March conference. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;02/09/98, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p5
Focuses on Arthur Levitt Jr., chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission as keynote speaker at the financial services and technology conference hosted by senator Bob Bennett in Salt Lake City, Utah. Venue; Schedule; Cost; Contact information.
- A TRIBUTE TO SEC CHAIRMAN ARTHUR LEVITT. Waxman, Robert N. // CPA Journal;Mar2001, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p9
Pays tribute to United States Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Arthur Levitt. His level of activism on behalf of the individual investor; Controversy over his auditor independence proposal; Desire to make information understandable and available.
- Levitt Continues Campaign for Securities Marketplace Quality. // CPA Journal;Dec99, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p9
Focuses on the address given by United States (US) Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Arthur Levitt regarding securities marketplace quality. Message of Levitt to financial analysts, corporate managers, board members and auditors in the US; Reasons behind the formation of a group to...