Be Vigilant With Derivatives in Short-Term Market, Panel Warns
- Forward transactions punch up lethargic municipal derivatives market. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;08/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30206, p25
Reports on the demand in the United States for municipal derivatives with forward elements. Characteristics of forward purchase agreements; California Department of Water Resources' forward bond issues; Vanderbilt University's refunding bonds; Justification for higher yields on forward issues.
- From the TM3 wire. Monsarrat, Sean; Nicholson, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;05/26/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30400, p2
Reports on developments concerning municipal bonds and derivative securities in the United States as of May 26, 1998. Includes anticipation of New York's entry to the primary market with the sale of $150 million fixed rate, new-money general obligation funds; Information provided by Securities...
- Southwest bond-watch. Sanders, Lisa; Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/26/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30400, p33
Reports on developments concerning municipal bonds and derivative securities in the United States as of May 26, 1998. Includes Arkansas Development Finance Authority's approval of the sale of two series of bonds; Fitch IBCA Inc.'s assignment of an AAA rating to $15.1 million of Colorado Water...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;06/06/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30906, p6
Presents charts and graphs depicting trends in the derivatives and municipal bond markets as of the first week of June 2000.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31516, p36
Provides information on swaps in the U.S. municipal bond market as of November 2002. Bond Market Association municipal swap indexes; Index-linked municipal swap rates; Comparison of swap rates with bond yields.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;5/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31643, p36
This article presents a graphical representation of the derivative securities, bond yields and municipal bonds market in the United States as of May 2003.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;09/26/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30983, p27
Presents a chart and graphs on derivatives and structured products in the United States as of September 26, 2000. Bond Market Association Municipal Swap Index; Index-Linked Muni Swaps; Swap rates versus bond yields.
- A New Kind of CDS. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32348, p1
The article reports on the amount of the notional principal outstanding volume of credit default swaps (CDS) on municipal names estimated by dealers in the U.S. The five billion to six billion CDS is a small part of the of the 17.3 trillion in outstanding credit default swaps on single names,...
- Panelists Discuss Ups and Downs of Muni Derivatives. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31171, p4
Discusses the views of a panel on municipal derivatives at 'The Bond Buyer' periodical's 8th New England Public Finance/Higher Education Finance held in Boston, Massachusetts. Preparation for market anomalies; Increase in the number of municipal derivative deals; Use of Interest-rate swaps;...