What's In a GIC Fee?
- With-Profit Bonds! An Answer to Bears and Bulls? Jensen, Jacqueline M. // International Tax Journal;Winter2002, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p69
Examines the investment possibilities available using with-profit bonds. Benefits of investing in with-profit bonds; Application of a market value adjustment; Advantage of gearing on investment returns.
- NEVADA: Clark's Return. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31267, p41
Reports on the increase in return from investments for Clark County, Nevada in fiscal 2001 due to decision of the county to move its portfolio into long-term bonds. Percentage increase in returns from the investment in the county as of June 30, 2001; Total amount of portfolio moved from...
- Deutsche's Ozyasar: Beware of Triple-Cs. // High Yield Report;9/22/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p6
Reports that yields from triple-C bonds have declined in 2003 after remaining at unusually high levels for an extended period of time. Significant drop in spreads between triple-C bonds and higher quality names; Forecasts on how the downturn will affect triple-C bonds; Implications on the...
- Guide to high-yield bonds. // Money Marketing;7/4/2002, p12
Provides an overview of the booklet 'The Best High Yield Investments,' issued by David Aaron. Outlook on the yield of the bonds.
- Are projections out of focus in the premium bond world? Duncan, Chris // Money Marketing;7/3/2003, p22
Discusses the possibility that earnings projections are unrealistic. British Financial Services Authority order freezing projection rates for investment products; Insights from a research report by PricewaterhouseCoopers; Likelihood that bondholders will enjoy higher real returns.
- Europe Shouldn't Ignore Rising Stars. Husband, Sarah // Bank Loan Report;11/19/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the credit quality and investment grade status for corporations in Europe for the year 2001. Investment returns; Deterioration of credit quality; Bond trading.
- Debenture SUCCESS. Bekiaris, Maria // Money (Australia Edition);Mar2004, Issue 3, p35
Focuses on the success of investment in debentures of Chiropractor doctor Daniel Kostur of Australia. Habit of Kostur in doing research before making investment decisions; Views on risks associated with investment in debentures; Rate of return since investing in debentures.
- Korea Post's savings unit plans alternatives push. Jong-yong, Jung // Asian Investor;Sep2011, p71
The article reports on the 4.4% target investment return by Korea Post Savings Fund for 2011.
- Long-term assets reward the patient. // Fund Strategy;2/25/2008, p5
The author reflects on the advantages of long-term investments in Great Britain. The author infers from the Barclays Equity Gilt Study 2008 that any short-term move into a cautious managed fund is questionable. The author claims that equities, bonds, commodities and property becomes an advantage...