Competing Through Speed
- Lightweight tooling provides flexible hold. // Welding Design & Fabrication;May2005, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p6
This article focuses on lightweight tooling that provides flexible hold. A new tooling system may make welding setups quicker and more precise than previously possible, according to Norgren Automotive Inc., Mc. Clemens, Michigan. The automation-components supplier recently launched Poz-E-Lok, a...
- Multi-Position Airless Cylinder. // Product Design & Development;Jun2004, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on a multi-position airless cylinder from Norgren. Load capacity; Operation at very high speeds; Programmability to deliver high stroke accuracies; Use in high-speed insertion equipment and in applications in the printing and medical industries.
- Alkon Corp. purchases Norgren valve line. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics (1996);Dec2000, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p62
Reports on Alkon Corp.'s acquisition of Norgren Automotive's valve line, formerly known as ISI Fluid Power.
- Rodless Cylinder Pushes Totes Into Carousel. Yeaple, Frank // Design News;2/12/90, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p258
The article provides a solution to problems faced by engineers in applying pneumatic insertion and extraction cylinders to quickly load tote boxed onto conveyors. Engineers at Norgren Automotive Inc. suggested that a rodless cylinder that has a low profile must be specified. They have decided to...
- News monitor. // Process Heating;Apr96, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p9
Presents developments concerning production processes as of April 1996. Yunnan Yun-Jin Forestry & Pulp Mill Corp.'s purchase of Honeywell Inc.'s TotalPlant automation system; Companies with Internet sites; Award from the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection Agency to Key...
- News monitor. // Process Heating;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p8
Reports on several industrial processing-related subjects. Nutro Machinery Co.'s development of a coating system for Chamberlain Manufacturing Corp.; Announcement of Web sites by Vulcan Catalytic Systems and the Dairy and Food Industries Supply Association Inc.; Infrared International;...
- Pulling together. Gregory, Annie // Works Management;Mar2003, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the adoption of lean manufacturing process among the manufacturers in Great Britain. Increase of corporate profits; Flexibility in the workplace; Management of the manufacturing process. INSET: Foiled by shared resources? Use EPE.
- The human side of manufacturing improvement. Longenecker, Clinton O.; Stanfield, Timothy C. // Business Horizons;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p7
Explores the issue from the perspective of seasoned manufacturing managers, and to learn from their organizational experiences how to enhance productivity through people in production environments. Key practices people use on manufacturing management; Challenges facing the managers and the...
- Making multiple products is a snap if company is agile. Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;3/29/96, Vol. 88 Issue 86, p8
Reports that manufacturing companies are using agility in their production lines. Review of the national conference sponsored by Lehigh's five-year-old Agility Forum; Diversity of products and methods of production; Funding of the United States government of the agility movement.