- 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Neff, Natalie // AutoWeek;02/07/2000, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p12
Features the Ford Explorer Sport Trac from Ford Motor Co. Capabilities of the Ford Explorer; Innovations; Functions of the Explorer's features; Comparison with other cars.
- Ford debuts Explorer, new Mondeo in Japan; lowers its... Treece, James B. // Automotive News;12/2/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5689, p4
Reports on the debut of the Ford Explorer and the revamped Monedeo, by the Ford Motor Company in Japan. Sales target for the Japanese market; Price of the automobiles.
- FORD'S VENEZUELAN PROBLEM. Whalen, Christopher // International Economy;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p5
Traces back the problem of the legal and regulatory safety problems of the sport utility vehicle Ford Explorer to Venezuela. Questions raised since 1999 regarding the tendency of vehicles fitted with Firestone ATX tires to roll over in sudden turns due to tread separation; Criticisms received...
- With a new PAG, is Ford in the driver's seat? Deep, Said // Ward's Auto World;Oct99, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p48
Forecasts the condition of the Ford Motor Co. in 2000. Arrival of the company's Focus automobile; Details on the Premier Automotive Group; Largest sport/utility vehicle of the company; Plan of the company for its SuperCrew and Explorer Sport Trac.
- Ford introduces new - and untraditional - Explorer. // Memphis Automotive Report;Sep2010, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p7
The article offers a preview of the 2011 Ford Explorer sport utility vehicle from Ford Motor Co.
- How a panicky Ford came up with Explorer. // Automotive News;7/11/2016, Vol. 90 Issue 6733, p0078
The article offers a background on how automaker Ford Motor Co. came up with its Ford Explorer sports utility vehicle (SUV) as the company panicked over the development of the rival XJ Cherokee vehicle. It highlights the role of Bob Lutz, who was then in charge of Ford's truck operations, in...
- Building a Better Explorer Sport Trac. // AutoWeek;10/3/2005, Vol. 55 Issue 40, p5
The article reports that Ford Motor Co. chose the trucky Texas State Fair to show off its 2007 Explorer Sport Trac, an all-new design that draws on the Explorer sport/utility vehicle and the F-150 pickup for styling and hardware. The do-everything vehicle, built on an extended Explorer chassis...
- Facelift for Ford Explorer. // Automotive News;9/13/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5517, p2
Presents a photograph of Ford Motor Co.'s Explorer sport-utility. Expected debut for the 1995 model year; Design of front-end.
- Ford plans a sport/utility-pickup. Gardner, Greg // Ward's Auto World;Apr98, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on a commitment to build a version of year 2000 Explorer vehicle by Ford Motor Company. Description of the vehicle; Cost of the vehicle; Information on the Adrenaline display at the Chicago Auto Show Ford.