- Together Again in the Headlines. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;Oct2000, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p57
Recounts the scandal involving Ford Motor Co. and Firestone Corp. in 1978. Illustration of the scandal; Overview of the court decision; Comparison to the tire problems encountered by Ford and Firestone in 2000. INSET: Bridgestone CEO Reaffirms Support for Firestone Brand.
- Tire companies must rebuild image. Dawson, Brad // Tire Business;10/14/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p14
No abstract available.
- Other automakers stick with Firestone. Wilson, Amy // Automotive News;6/11/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5934, p8
Reports on the affirmation of automobile makers on the continued use of Firestone tires in their automobiles inspite of the fiasco between Ford Motor and Firestone Tire & Rubber. Possible involvement of many circumstances in the Ford-Firestone relationship; Contention that the original...
- TIME TRIP. // Current Events;10/6/2000, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p2
Offers a look at the business relationship between Ford Motor Company and Firestone. Long partnership between the companies; Controversy involving Ford and Firestone in the United States in the year 2000; History of the companies; Closeness of the Ford and Firestone families.
- Death of A Partnership. Cody, Steven; Moed, Edward // Brandweek;06/11/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 24, p27
Comments on the termination of the Ford Motor Co. and Firestone Tire & Rubber Co. partnership. Product problem which caused the partnership's termination; Rules companies should consider to ensure partnership success; What Ford and Firestone needs to do about their existing partner alliances.
- Verdict spells end to Firestone/Ford feud. Eisenstein, Paul // Professional Engineering;10/17/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p14
Focuses on the dispute between Ford Motor Co. and Firestone Tire and Rubber Co. in the U.S. Causes of the death of 271 people; Demand of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for Firestone to recall its tires; Damage brought by the accident to the image of Ford Explorer.
- Trash talk: What to do with Mount Firestone? Truini, Joe // Automotive News;5/28/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5932, p38
Reports the failure of Ford Motor Co. to provide plan for the recall of Firestone tires in the United States. Decision of dealership Clarke Ford to wait on the Ford in disposing or recycling the scrapped tires; Plan disposal of rubber tires by Firestone; Advice of using normal disposal channels.
- TIRES AREN'T THE SOLE ISSUE. // Automotive News;9/4/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5892, p2
Reports on the increased number of inquiries handled by Ford Motor Co.'s call center about the recall of tires in the United States made by Firestone Tire & Rubber.
- UNDER FIRE. Gordon, Kim T. // Entrepreneur;Apr2001, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p114
Focuses on a massive media crisis facing Firestone Tire and Rubber and Ford Motor Co. when Firestone tires, standard equipment on thousands of Ford trucks and sport-utility vehicles were implicated in many deaths and injuries in the United States. Overview of an emergency response plan in place...