Ford's Euro Contender
- Mondeo hauls hope for Ford in Europe. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;10/2/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5897, p39
Focuses on the redesigned Mondeo from Ford of Europe in Paris, France. Contribution of the projected Mondeo sales on the market performance of the company; Confidence of Chairman Nick Scheele on the sales performance of Mondeo; Use of C3P computer development system in Mondeo production.
- S-Max could be Ford savior. Weernink, Wim Oude // Automotive News Europe;5/15/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p6
The article focuses on the expectation of Ford of Europe that its new S-Max mini-van/sedan crossover will help compensate for declining sales of its Mondeo upper-medium car and Galaxy large minivan. S-Max automobile targets single young people or young couple with active lifestyles. Ford of...
- Ford won't be late again. Wernle, Bradford; Weernink, Wim Oude // Automotive News Europe;3/7/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the production of sports activity vehicle (SAV) by Ford Europe in Europe. Design of the vehicle; Comments from Global Insight analyst Nigel Griffiths on SAV; Features of the car.
- Back on the spot. Eisenstein, Paul // Professional Engineering;10/18/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p41
Reports that Ford of Europe Inc. plans to reverse its low sales in Europe by launching its enhanced 2001 Ford Mondeo. Errors in the initial marketing programs of Ford in Europe; Establishment of an autonomous European operation; Incorporation of safety systems to compete in the European...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Ford Fiesta 1.0 Powershift. Brooks, Glenn // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);5/9/2014, p13
The article evaluates Powershift Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost from Ford, an American multinational automaker company.
- Ford takes the low (price) road with new Ka. Ciferri, Luca // Automotive News Europe;6/25/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p12
The article reports on the decision of Ford of Europe not to follow its strategic partner Fiat by moving its next-generation Ka up-market in the booming minicar segment in 2007. When Ford introduces the new Ka in the second half of 2008, it will be priced similarly to the existing model's...
- Ford will avoid incentives fight. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;3/8/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on the decision of Ford of Europe to avoid an incentive war when the redesigned Focus is launched. Goal of the company in launching the Focus automobile; Business losses posted by the company in 2003; Standing of the company with component suppliers.
- For Europe, Ford plans an SUV based on Focus. Weernink, Wim Oude; Wernle, Bradford; Meiners, Jens // Automotive News;3/27/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6195, p32J
The article reports that Ford of Europe Inc. will add an sport utility vehicle (SUV) that is based on the European-market Focus. Ford's new SUV will join models planned by Opel, Volkswagen, Renault, Peugeot and Citroen. All are chasing Toyota, which leads the medium-SUV segment in western Europe...
- Ford targets Mondeo at younger buyers. Weernink, Wim Oude // Automotive News Europe;3/5/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the plan of Ford of Europe to target younger buyers and women with its second-generation Ford Mondeo automobile to help maintain sales in the upper-medium segment. The average Mondeo customer is between 40 and 50 years old and 90% of them are male according to brand...