Chest Abnormalities in Juvenile-Onset Mixed Connective Tissue Disease: Assessment with High-Resolution Computed Tomography and Pulmonary Function Tests
- 23-Year-Old Woman With Diffuse Muscle and Joint Pain. Larochelle, André; Phillips, Michael B. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Aug2003, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p1041
Discusses the case of a 23-year-old woman presented for evaluation of joint pain, swelling of the extremities, and fevers that had progressed over the course of 10 months. Physical examination; Least likely cause of the symptoms in the patient; Diagnostic test that is not indicated for the...
- A case of MCTD overlapped by Takayasuâ€™s arteritis, presenting Raynaudâ€™s phenomenon as the initial manifestation of both diseases. Mie Lim; Seong Kwon; Sang Kim; Won Park // Rheumatology International;Apr2009, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p685
Raynaudâ€™s phenomenon is characteristic three-phase color change of digits that occurs when hands are exposed to cold and subsequently rewarmed. Raynaudâ€™s phenomenon has many possible causes, but evaluation tends to focus on a few notorious etiologies, such as, connective tissue...
- funnel breast, funnel chest. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p915
A definition of the term "funnel breast, funnel chest," a congenital anomaly manifesting sternal depression of the chest walls so that the xiphoid is depressed posteriorly, is presented.
- nanocormia. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1539
A definition of the term "nanocormia" which refers to the abnormal small size of the thorax or body is presented.
- peracephalus. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1739
A definition of the term "peracephalus," which refers to a parasitic placental twin, is presented.
- schistosternia. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2080
A definition of the term "schistosternia," which refers to schistothorax, is presented.
- schistothorax. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2080
A definition of the term "schistothorax," which refers to a fissure of the thorax, is presented.
- Varieties of arthriltis are many. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/20/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 119, p6
The article provides information about arthritis and answers to questions about water in chest cavity and swelling of ankles and legs.
- Gene rescue. Coghlan, Andy // New Scientist;08/02/97, Vol. 155 Issue 2093, p16
Cites a gene therapy experiment for treating Hurler's syndrome in children. Introduction of a gene coding for alpha-L-iduronidase into bone marrow cells; Irreversibility of damage done by the disease; Degeneration of connective tissues.