Chest Abnormalities in Juvenile-Onset Mixed Connective Tissue Disease: Assessment with High-Resolution Computed Tomography and Pulmonary Function Tests
- 23-Year-Old Woman With Diffuse Muscle and Joint Pain. Larochelle, André; Phillips, Michael B. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Aug2003, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p1041
Discusses the case of a 23-year-old woman presented for evaluation of joint pain, swelling of the extremities, and fevers that had progressed over the course of 10 months. Physical examination; Least likely cause of the symptoms in the patient; Diagnostic test that is not indicated for the...
- A case of MCTD overlapped by Takayasu’s arteritis, presenting Raynaud’s phenomenon as the initial manifestation of both diseases. Mie Lim; Seong Kwon; Sang Kim; Won Park // Rheumatology International;Apr2009, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p685
Raynaudâ€™s phenomenon is characteristic three-phase color change of digits that occurs when hands are exposed to cold and subsequently rewarmed. Raynaudâ€™s phenomenon has many possible causes, but evaluation tends to focus on a few notorious etiologies, such as, connective tissue...
- A Rare Case of Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (MCTD) with Intricate Features of Lupus, Polymyositis and Rheumatoid Arthritis Presenting with Severe Myositis. LOKESH, S.; TONY, KADAVANU; RAGHUPATHY; SURESH, V.; MALEPATI, BALAKRISHNA // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Mar2015, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p5
Mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD) includes clinical and laboratorial manifestations of systemic lupus erythematosus, scleroderma and polymyositis along with high titres of anti-U1RNP antibodies. In the initial phases of the disease, muscle enzyme levels increase but the disease remains...
- funnel breast, funnel chest. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p915
A definition of the term "funnel breast, funnel chest," a congenital anomaly manifesting sternal depression of the chest walls so that the xiphoid is depressed posteriorly, is presented.
- nanocormia. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1539
A definition of the term "nanocormia" which refers to the abnormal small size of the thorax or body is presented.
- peracephalus. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1739
A definition of the term "peracephalus," which refers to a parasitic placental twin, is presented.
- schistosternia. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2080
A definition of the term "schistosternia," which refers to schistothorax, is presented.
- schistothorax. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2080
A definition of the term "schistothorax," which refers to a fissure of the thorax, is presented.
- Varieties of arthriltis are many. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/20/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 119, p6
The article provides information about arthritis and answers to questions about water in chest cavity and swelling of ankles and legs.