Nonprofits Discuss Tax-Exempt Bonds' Challenges & Opportunities
- St. Louis Museum Issuing $14M With an Assist From Radian. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/12/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32236, p34
Reports that the Saint Louis Science Center will issue tax-exempt new-money and refunding bonds to restructure the museum's debt load at significant savings in Chicago, Illinois. Role of the nonprofit Saint Louis Science Center Foundation in handling the museum's fund raising; Division of the...
- Midwest Rushed Refundings in First Half. Devtit, Caitlin; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/22/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33769, p1
The article reports that the U.S. borrowers from several states including Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin have treaded towards issuing new debts and refunding of bonds in the market after a record downfall in interest rates (IR). It states that in the Midwestern U.S., issuance of new debt by...
- IRS rules on garage bonds. // Journal of Business (10756124);7/15/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p2
Reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service has ruled that bonds issued to finance the River Park Square parking garage didn't meet requirements to qualify for tax-exempt status. Disqualification as a nonprofit organization; Failure to take into account a number of factors about the project.
- Tax-Exempt Bonds Face Real Threat, Tax Panelists Agree. DEPAUL, JENNIFER // Bond Buyer;9/25/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33787, p5
The article presents information regarding the Tax-exempt bonds that are facing threats from tax reform. According to John Buckley, former chief democratic tax counsel of House ways and means committee, the reason behind the problem is the portrayal of increasing tax on upper income taxpayers...
- Lawmakers Propose Bonds for Conservation. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31139, p3
Reports on the introduction of nine identical legislation that would enable nonprofit conservation groups to use tax-exempt bonds to buy forest or farm land in the United States. Servicing of the bonds with revenues generated by the land; Structure of the bonds.
- IRS: Nonprofit can use bond proceeds to pay off short-term taxable loan. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/05/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30450, p4
Announces the release of a United States International Revenue Service technical advice memorandum that makes clear a non-profit organization can use tax-exempt bonds to refund a taxable loan without running afoul of reimbursement rules. Key provisions of the ruling; Remarks of key industry...
- JetBlue to Tap Muni Market for $50 Million. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p40
Reports on the approval of $50 million in tax-exempt bonds by New York City Industrial Development Agency in New York on March 11, 2003. Utilization of the proceeds.
- Census Data Gives Volume Cap a Lift. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p1
Reports on the expected increase in the amount of tax-exempt private-activity bonds that can be issued in the United States in 2001. Factors contributing to the increase; Approval of the increase in state-by-state private-activity bond volume cap; Population figures released by the U.S. Census...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;01/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31051, p36
Presents charts and graphs depicting trends in securities trading in the United States, as of January 4, 2001. Key securities market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Bond indexes.