Panel Sees Bright, If Different, Electronic Future for Munis
- Research Digest. Doe, Thomas G.; Fischer, Philip; Hartwig, Robert; DeGroot, Peter // Bond Buyer;12/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31283, p6
Reports on the developments related to bond and securities market in the U.S. as of December 12, 2001. Emergence of Internet bidding and e-commerce in the bond market; Decline in municipal bond prices during the first week of December; Impact of a changing assessment of risk and increasing...
- Encouraging E-Platforms. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31061, p1
Reports the need for the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to ease regulatory burdens for electronic trading in the municipal market in the United States. Provision of preliminary official statements by dealers; Importance of developing an electronic platform involved with institutional...
- Richard Bell of Belle Haven Investments. // Bond Buyer;04/08/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30368, p38
Discloses Belle Haven Investments executive Richard Bell's skepticism about the viability of electronically linking a buyer and seller without a middleman. Complicated nature of the municipal bond market; Success of the Internet deals of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Actual savings from electronic bond trading hard to
quantify. Crawford, Gregory // Pensions & Investments;4/19/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p28
Electronic trading platforms, which already handle 30% of U.S. fixed-income trading, will conduct nearly 60% of all domestic bond trading by the end of 2007, a new Celent Communications study says. The U.S. fixed-income marketâ€”U.S. Treasury securities, government agency securities,...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p18
Presents the results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. Single family mortgage revenue bonds from the Alabama Housing Finance Authority in Alabama; Refunding revenue bonds from First Florida Governmental Financing Commission in Florida;...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p25
Presents the results of competitive sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. General obligation bond anticipation notes from the City of New Milford in Connecticut; Public improvement serial bonds from the City of Schenectady in New York; Bond anticipation...
- Led by low rates, Georgia agency's big refunding tops primary. Ring, Niamh // Bond Buyer;07/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30185, p1
Reports on developments in the municipal bond market in the United States, compiled as of July 10, 1997. Includes news on the $399.2 million refunding from the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia; Scant selling by investors in the secondary market; Flatness of the debt futures market; J.P....
- Mississippi debates going the electronic route with bids. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p4
Reports that the state of Mississippi is considering taking electronic bids on its bonds. Problems encountered with faxed bids; Review of state laws that have bearing on electronic bids; Advantages of holding electronic bids; States which have adopted electronic bids.
- Survey shows bond market is warming up to electronic trading. Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;08/20/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30213, p30
Presents the results of a survey conducted by on the increasing use of electronic trading in the municipal bond market in the United States. Use of web sites as marketing vehicles; Concerns of companies in entering on-line municipal bond trading.