DOT Announces $211 Million for TEA-21 Programs
- DOT budget heads to Hill. Kahaner, Larry // Fleet Owner;May2001, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p17
Reports on the budget allocated for the United States Department of Transportation in 2001. Highlights of the budget.
- DOT spending bill clears House committee. Barnes, David // Traffic World;6/24/96, Vol. 246 Issue 13, p16
Reports that the House Appropriations Committee voted on June 19, 1996, to approve a $36.9 billion budget for the Department of Transportation and related agencies for fiscal year beginning October 1, 1996. Appropriations for the Surface Transportation Board; Federal Highway Administration.
- US Budget Supports Safety in Transportation. Harrington, Lisa H. // Transportation & Distribution;Mar2002, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p80
Reports on the allocation of the U.S. federal budget on transportation security. Amount of the proposed 2003 budget for the Department of Transportation; Reasons for the increased budgets for the different transportation agencies; Controversy on the ruling of the North American Free Trade...
- WASHINGTON WIRED. // Pit & Quarry;Jan2002, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p2
Reports that both U.S. Houses of Congress approved the U.S. Department of Transportation's appropriation bill for fiscal year 2002. Total budget for the year.
- DOT, ICC reopen as Clinton signs money bill. Barnes, David // Traffic World;11/27/95, Vol. 244 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the effect on transportation-related agencies of the budget battle between President Bill Clinton and the United States Congress. Reopening of the Department of Transportation (DOT) and Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC) after approval of spending bill; Budget provisions under...
- STIMULUS PROJECTS TAKE OFF. Boyd, John D. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);7/26/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 30, p20
The article reports that the Barack Obama administration's push to get federal funds turned into concrete projects tied to road, bridge and port comes amid mounting concerns with wavering economy and edgy electorate in the U.S. It is reported that a $24.5 million grant from a Department of...
- Highway funding: Transportation budget analysis 1999-2003. Buechner, William R. // Pit & Quarry;Apr98, Vol. 90 Issue 10, p25
Describes the proposed transportation budget for 1999 to 2003 in the United States. Growth in funding for programs administered by the Department of Transportation; Freeze in contract authority for highway programs; Outlays for mass transit and railroads; Increases in aviation programs; Level...
- Senate OKs transport bill. Frame, Phil // Automotive News;8/14/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5618, p2
Reports on the United States Senate's approval of the 1996 budget for the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Statement on signing the Department of Transportation and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 1998. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/3/97, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p1667
Presents the statement given by the president of the United States on signing into law the Department of Transportation and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 1998 under H.R. 2169 on October 27, 1997. Provision of funds to improve safety on highways, airways and waterways; Need for US...