Municipals Drop 1/4 to 3/8 Point in Spotty Trade Ahead of New Deals
- Munis Off 1/8 to 1/4; Primary Builds. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p2
Reports on the decline in municipal bond prices in the United States for the week of March 12, 2001. Factors attributing to the decline in municipal bond prices during the given time period; Reaction of municipal traders to the current bond market condition in the country; Traders' contention...
- Spread squeeze adds spark to muni bond boom. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/21/98, Vol. 64 Issue 51, p5
Focuses on concerns raised over the distortion in the pricing of municipal bonds, that has reduced the spread between bonds from top-rated issuers and those from riskier municipalities in the United States. Outlook for the municipal bond marker; Implications of the price compression for the...
- Munis Finish Firm in Slow Trading; Some Detroit GOs Priced for Retail. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31192, p2
Reports that municipal bond prices in the United States were steady in July 30, 2001. Factors attributing to such pricing trend; Reaction of bond traders to such market condition; Overview on prices of various bond issues during the given time period.
- Municipals Rise in Light Trading; J.P. Morgan Prices Chicago Air Debt. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31205, p2
Reports on the stability of municipal bond prices in the United States during the August 16, 2001 light trading. Total value of bonds sold; Details of bond sale and offerings; Investors' preference for government bonds.
- Prices finish mixed with weak tone in light pre-holiday trading. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;12/23/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30794, p2
Reports on municipal bond prices in the United States as of December 22, 1999. Minimal trading activity; Year-end tax-loss swapping; Bidding for various customer lists circulating in the secondary market; Range of point losses at the Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index.
- Municipal prices finish out mixed; market eyes return of new issues. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;01/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30804, p2
Focuses on municipal bond market results in the United States according to market results for January 7, 2000. Factors influencing results; Enumeration of bond offers with the most significant increases.
- Munis Give Back Some Price Gains, Resting After Four Days of Rallying. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/27/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30857, p2
Focuses on the slight decline in the municipal bond prices in the United States according to bond market trading results for March 24, 2000. Average rate of quoted losses; Amount of sell-offs.
- Municipal Bond Prices Fall 5/8 Point Ahead of Today's Employment Report. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;05/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30885, p2
Reports on the decline in municipal bond prices in the United States according to market trading results for May 5, 2000. Impact of the employment report for April on prices; Average rates of decreases.
- Municipal Bond Prices Finish Mixed; Market Vulnerable Ahead of PPI Today. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;05/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30890, p2
Reveals the status of municipal bond prices in the United States as of May 11, 2000. Market participants' bracing for the release of the producer price index report and the Federal Open Market Committee meeting on May 16, 2000; Continued vulnerability of the market.