A sound basis for success
- Dr. Superdrive or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love DVD-RAM. Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia Magazine;Mar2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the DVD technology. Satisfaction on Jim Taylor's DVD; Architecture of a home entertainment center; Feature of a personal video editing.
- Fastforward. Glitz, Michael; Patterson, Troy // Entertainment Weekly;06/05/98, Issue 435, p88
Presents issues relating to home-videos for the week of June 5, 1998 in the United States. Plans by Paramount to release the motion picture `Titanic,' on digital video disc; Reference to `The Original Seven Years in Tibet.'
- Is paid-per-view a vision of the future? Schena, Robert // Telephony;1/1/96, Vol. 230 Issue 1, p34
Focuses on the adoption of the paid-per-view model to reward viewers for viewing a company's home entertainment fare. Increasing competition in the home entertainment industry; Concept of the paid-per-view being the antithesis of the pay per view model; Premise that should guide the way service...
- Almost like being there. // Fortune;Winter97 Supplement, Vol. 135 Issue 1, p168
Discusses the future of home entertainment centers in the late 1990s, focusing on digital electronics. The digital home theater; The significance of the digital video disc (DVD); The combination of personal computers (PC) with DVD drives; The digital version of VHS videos (D-VHS); Digital...
- Home entertainment boom. // Housewares;Apr2002, Issue 165, p34
Focuses on the role of celebrity chefs in promoting the home entertainment industry of Great Britain. Presentation of various dinner parties; Enhancement of viewer cooking ideas.
- Fast forward. Patterson, Troy // Entertainment Weekly;09/04/98, Issue 448, p87
Presents news briefs relating to the home video market in the United States, published on September 4, 1998. When Twentieth Century Fox and Paramount Pictures will release their digital versatile disc (DVD) video titles; DVD titling for the 12-part space-race series `From the Earth to the...
- The `Borrow' and the pity. // Entertainment Weekly;09/04/98, Issue 448, p91
Presents a listing of the top 10 videotape rentals and sales in the United States for the last week of August, 1998. Statistics for `The Borrowers,' `The Wedding Singer,' `NBA at 50,' and `Face/Off.'
- Radio sounds good today. // Popular Electronics;Oct95, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p20
Focuses on a national survey conducted by the Consumer Electronics Group of the Electronic Industries Association that tried to find out how attitudes and practices regarding home entertainment change as people get older. Radio as major source of music; Age as factor in decline in interest in...
- CALENDAR. // Home Media Magazine;4/13/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p3
A calendar of events for the international home entertainment business is presented which include the annual PEVE conference to be held on April 17-18, 2008 in Paris, France, a Digital Hollywood Spring Conference in Hollywood, California on May 5-8, 2008 and EMA's Home Media Expo at The Palms...