Moving with the times
- Topnotch. Pulling // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p10
Provides an overview of the market for beds in Great Britain. Factors affecting public perception of beds; Efforts of retailers and manufacturers to market beds; Market trends; Tips for 1999.
- High level sales. Bennewith, Jeremy // Cabinet Maker;08/11/2000, Issue 5200, p12
Discusses the major role that sales staff play in the success of the luxury end of the bed market in Great Britain. Changes in consumers tastes; Importance of giving attention to product layout and choice; Differences in large and small manufacturers' marketing emphasis.
- BEDDING IN. // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2012, Issue 5771, p30
The article examines the state and the future of the beds and bedroom furniture sector in Great Britain. It attributes the negative performance of the sector to the decline in the housing market and low levels of consumer confidence. It notes that consumers can choose various options such as...
- SEAL OF APPROVAL. Robinson, Neil // Cabinet Maker;4/19/2013, Issue 5833, p2
The article focuses on the Sealy sleep studio concept by Sealy UK which aims to support independent bricks and mortar Sealy retailers. It states that Sealy UK is a firm that manufactures beds and creates engaging selling spaces to increase clients' satisfaction. According to Neil Robinson,...
- Ralph Lauren Targets Back-to-School Market. // Home Textiles Today;10/5/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p1
The article provides information on the new bed products introduced by Ralph Lauren Home under its Lauren Ralph Lauren label. It states on two beds which include sheet sets and accessories. It also features the three beds under the Lauren Ralph Lauren Collection which includes the Shelter Island...
- Potential runs high among young shoppers. // Furniture/Today;8/25/2003 Supplement, Vol. 27, p24
Reports on the state of the industrial category of master bedroom furniture in the U.S. Competition with mattresses in business for retailers; Range of selection for creative pieces; Establishment of warehouse programs to support direct-container business.
- Land Sky files for Chapter 11. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy 11 protection by Land and Sky in Nebraska. Formulation of a reorganization plan; Decline of the waterbed business; Estimation of the assets and debts.
- Sleep group going to Vegas. // Furniture/Today;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the decision of the Specialty Sleep Association not to participate in the Futon and Specialty Sleep Exposition in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- You th bedroom--Styles for any taste. // Kids Today;Mar2003, p30
Highlights trends in the youth bedroom market in the U.S. in 2003. Resurgence of natural finishes; Popularity of classic styles with an antique feel; Key functionality components.