End of line for etailer
- Furniture.com signs off. Caroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;11/13/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p1
Reports the closure of the electronic retailing business of Furniture.com in Framingham, Massachusetts. Evaluation of stock options by the company's 12 remaining employees; Reasons for the closure; Availability of refunds to customers depositing in the company.
- Furniture.com: another casualty in the virtual world. Gibel, Brian // Christian Science Monitor;11/15/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 249, p16
Discusses the business failure of Furniture.com, an electronic commerce company based in Framingham, Massachusetts.
- 'NET BUZZ. McNamara, Paul // Network World;11/13/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p174
Focuses on developments related to the Internet industry, current as of November 13, 2000. Strategic alliance between Sprint PCS and an outfit called FlashPoint; Demise of Internet firms, Furniture.com and Pets.com.
- Alignment of Supply Chain Strategy with Business Strategy. Mitra, Amarnath; Bhardwaj, Sunil // IUP Journal of Supply Chain Management;Sep2010, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p49
Misalignment of supply chain strategy can lead to overall business failure. Present literature provides a number of accounts that verify the fact. Cisco's inventory write-off of $2 bn in 2001 and failure of Furniture.com in 2000 are the famous examples. At the same time a number of case studies...
- Fashion focus shifts homeward. Underwood, Elaine // Brandweek;5/22/95, Vol. 36 Issue 21, p14
Reports on the increasing interest for marketing home furnishings in the United States. Plans by Saks Fifth Avenue to fill fashion advertising spaces with house furnishings; Introduction of home furnishing products by fashion designers; Trends reflected in designs; Growth estimates for the market.
- Home sales"steal the show" at John Lewis. // Cabinet Maker;2/5/2010, Issue 5673, p4
The article reports on the sales performance of home furniture sector at department store retailer John Lewis in the week ending January 23, 2010 in Great Britain.
- Homewares fall but signs of underlying lift. // Cabinet Maker;2/5/2010, Issue 5673, p5
The article reports on the decline of sales of homewares for the week ending January 24, 2010 in Great Britain.
- WHO'S BEEN SELLING WHAT, FOR HOW MUCH? // Housewares;Apr2000, Issue 151, p4
Highlights the results of a survey of houseware items sold at three retail stores in Great Britain.
- 'You have to really work at it' Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;12/3/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p57
Comments on the sales of home furnishings business in the United States. Revision of the big retail chain; Amounts of regular-priced merchandise; Factors influencing the increase of earnings.