- September sales recover. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/16/98, Issue 5110, p5
Cites the `CBI Distributive Trades Survey,' which reported September 1998 sales of furniture and carpet retailers. Comparison with August and July figures; Value of furniture and lighting sales in June and July.
- Fla. symposium to examine successful retail strategies. // Furniture/Today;4/15/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p236
Reports the study of effective furniture retail strategies in the annual symposium of the David F. Miller Center for Retailing Education and Research at the University of Florida. Enumeration of speakers; Examination of customer service, marketing to youth and demands for success; Profile of...
- Price spiral is a bed of thorns. Dixon, Audrey // Cabinet Maker;5/31/2002, Issue 5289, p1
Focuses on the marketing of beds by retailers. Plans of Millbrook Beds to reposition brands; Benefits of rebranding; Emphasis on low prices.
- Right side of bed. Jacks, Mzwandile // Finance Week;11/2/2001, p16
Focuses on the retailing operations of Relyant, a furniture retailer. Acquisition of Renaissance Retail Limited; Management of Relyant; Risks faced by Relyant.
- Joyeux Noel. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p16
Profiles British furniture retailer Noel Hennessy. Personality; Career profile; Ideas about store design; Thoughts on the furniture industry.
- Capture the imagination. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2000, Issue 5213, p8
Comments on the need for furniture retailers to capture the imagination of consumers in order to succeed. Lessons to be learned from the experience of Marks & Spencer; Importance of changing window displays on a regular basis.
- Multichannel retailer promises to pump millions into marketing new home offer. // Cabinet Maker;7/4/2014, Issue 5891, p12
The article reports on the commitment of clicks-and-bricks multichannel retailer Argos to support the launch of its home brand Heart of House, with a multi-million pound marketing campaign in 2014.
- Positive attitude. Lea // Cabinet Maker;12/17/99, Issue 5168, p22
Discusses the retailing of furniture in Great Britain. Phil Evans' view on the furniture industry; Dane furniture; Problem of Ikea and Habitat in the 1970s; Importance of product design.
- Vegas a buyer's market? Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;1/28/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p1
The article reports that furniture retailers seek bargains and quick shipping of their products in Las Vegas, Nevada. It is stated that they want quality on the products they would acquire, quick delivery, as well as special pricing. Meanwhile, as some retailers point the increase of prices from...