- Making a mark. Vines, Lucy // Cabinet Maker;01/15/99, Issue 5121, p16
Reports on Landmark chairman Malcolm Parkinson's expansion plans for the British furniture retailer. Company's acquisition of 12 stores from Essex Furniture in 1998; Lack of a Landmark presence in the Midlands/Northern region of the country; Creation of a new identity and internal store look for...
- Landmark prepares to retreat. // Cabinet Maker;06/30/2000, Issue 5194, p2
Informs on the plan of retail chain Landmark to sell its English stores and become a Scotland only chain.
- Landmark to roll out new format after funding boost. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/26/99, Issue 5127, p2
Reports on Landmark's introduction of a store format after shareholders doubled their investments on the store. Conversion of 40 of the chain's 51 branches in Great Britain into the format; Remarks from Malcolm Parkinson, chief executive of the company.
- Landmark. // Cabinet Maker;05/19/2000, Issue 5188, p11
Evaluates the furniture store of Landmark at 1 Seafield Road in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Landmark sale talks continue. // Cabinet Maker;07/07/2000, Issue 5195, p2
Informs that Landmark is continuing talks with two firms to sell its English stores.
- The transformation of a landmark. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;01/15/99, Issue 5121, p7
Reports on British furniture retailer Landmark's unveiling of a store format that provides a clearer layout, more space and improved merchandising and accessorization than the previous format. Reduction in the number of upholstery sets on show; Walkways; Increased sales at refurbished stores.
- Police suspect arson for _GCP_100,000 blaze at Landmark's Yeovil store. // Cabinet Maker;08/14/98, Issue 5101, p2
Highlights police's suspicion that the fire which destroyed the Yeovil branch of Landmark in Dorset, England was arson. Cost of restoring the store; Account of salesman Frank Dawson about the arson suspect.
- Landmark fire. // Cabinet Maker;07/31/98, Issue 5099, p2
Reports on a fire that damaged Landmark's branch in Yeovil, England. Estimated cost of damage.
- Landmark. // Cabinet Maker;03/31/2000, Issue 5181, p10
Comments on the kind of customer service at retail store Landmark.