Marks & Spencer sees furniture sales jump 26%
- Wincanton lands mammoth contract. // Cabinet Maker;9/18/2009, Issue 5655, p9
The article reports on the 275 million pounds three five-year contracts awarded to Wincanton PLC from Marks & Spencer PLC (M&S) in Great Britain. It notes that the contracts will allow the company to run the home delivery network of M&S for furniture and large products. They will give the...
- Home sales: M&S' best performer. // Cabinet Maker;5/22/2009, Issue 5638, p6
The article reports on the home sales acceleration of Marks & Spencer by 11% in Great Britain as of March 28, 2009. It mentions that the company is the only firm in the country that has a positive sales output in the country. Sir Stuart Rose, chairman of the M&S, mentions the improvement of...
- Mixed fortunes as high street recovers from the seasonal highs and lows. // Frontline Solutions;Feb2002, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p13
Reports on the Christmas sales of Marks and Spencer company. Increase on sales; Comment from the Financial Times Lex; Recovery of high street business.
- Sparks fly as British firm e-mails pink slips to Paris. Ford, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;4/3/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 89, p7
Reports on the plans of Marks & Spencer to close 18 stores in France and cut 4,000 jobs.
- Call for caution over scrapping of final salary schemes. // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p3
Reports the implication of the closing of the final salary pensions schemes upon the expansion of Marks & Spencer in Great Britain. Development of the occupational pension schemes; Alternative ways of funding the employee contributions.
- M&S opens Home store. // Housewares;Sep/Oct97, Issue 136, p6
Announces that Marks and Spencer has opened a stand-alone home furnishings store in York in August of 1997. Description of the Coppergate store; M&S home furnishings sales.
- M&S targets its managers. // Marketing Event;Mar1997, p10
Reports on Marks & Spencer PLC's launch of an internal management initiative at its head office using a walkthrough installation created by Prop Shop.
- M&S yearly profits up 5%. // DIY Week;6/4/2010, p02
The article reports on the 4.6 percent increase in the profit of Marks & Spencer (M&S) for the year ended March 27, 2010.
- Marks & Spencer Shocker: New See-Through Blouses. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/30/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 41, p4
Reports on London, England-based Marks & Spencer's decision to replace its frumpy green and navy staff uniform with cream-colored blouses that were see-through. Complaints from female employees; Company's plan to introduce another blouse in a heavier fabric.