Fair or Foul: Weatherproofing a Practice Against Market Downturns
- Lesson Learned: Allocation Funds Rebound. Glover, Hannah // American Banker;3/22/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 56, p7
The article examines the benefits of using asset allocation funds. The article points out that industry executives are using the stock market's unstable trend in 2007 as a reminder to financial advisers, and their clients, that asset allocation funds are relevant, because they are designed to...
- Toolbox: Briefs. // Money Management;12/2/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p26
The article offers news briefs related to fund management in Australia including the launch of the Aviva Investors Direct Separately Managed Account (SMA) of Aviva Investors, the release of new bulk review features for the online financial planning software application from BT Financial Group,...
- A Frontier That's More Efficient. Williams, James O. // Financial Planning;Oct99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p87
Focuses on probability analysis for financial planners to convert the efficient frontier into a more usable form for developing portfolio strategies. Common questions asked by clients; Strategies for client withdrawal practice; Advantages of the constant payment strategy; Benefits of...
- Daniel Ben-Ami: A warning to fund managers. Ben-Ami, Daniel // Fundweb;10/14/2014, p10
The author comments on fund management being seen as a potential source of future financial instability.
- Mix With Fixed. Bowen, Jr., John J. // Financial Planning;Jan2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p131
Emphasizes the importance for financial planners to educate their clients about the risks associated with concentrated portfolio. How to remind clients why they are investing; Benefits of diversified portfolio; Advice to planners on how to help clients make smart decisions on investments.
- Be Your Own Financial Planner. Benz, Christine // Morningstar Practical Finance;Jun2008, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the significance of financial planners and portfolio management.
- Story Time. Ritchlin, Lance // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Ed McCarthy regarding how financial planners set themselves in distinct with others who work with similar issues, products, and clients.
- Portfolio tools could leave IFAs exposed to UK gilt risk. Stodell, Hannah // Money Marketing;2/4/2010, p3
The article reports on the warning of JP Morgan Asset Management head Mike Parsons that independent financial adviser (IFA) portfolio tools may over expose the clients to Great Britain's gilt risk.
- HNWs shifting away from advisers. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;9/25/2003, p8
Reports on the findings of a survey on the behavior of high-net-worth investors in Great Britain. Use of independent financial advisers; Factors influencing the investors to manage their own portfolios.