Does Asset Management Need a Financial Planning Foundation?
- The right mix. Keeley, David P. // CA Magazine;Apr96, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p29
Focuses on asset allocation in the personal finance arena. Importance of asset allocation to overall performance of the portfolio; Listing of articles which which deal with the importance of asset allocation; Steps to asset allocation; Listing of key issues relating to the economy and the...
- Investment strategies for today's markets. Clarfeld, Robert A. // Westchester County Business Journal;05/29/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 22, p19
Offers strategies for financial planning-based investing. Purpose of financial planning-based investing; Development of a diversified asset allocation; Asset allocation decisions; Action steps to consider.
- The asset allocation decision in retirement: lessons from dollar-cost averaging. Vora, Premal P.; McGinnis, John D. // Financial Services Review;Spring2000, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p48
Discusses the benefits for retirees of consuming periodically from stocks than from bonds over the seven decades of United States financial markets from 1926 to 1995. Impact of inflation on consumption; Analysis of the likelihood of states in which consumption is high or low due to extreme...
- Tulare Closes In On Small-Cap Firm. Philley, Alicia // Investment Management Weekly;04/19/99, Vol. 12 Issue 16, p3
Looks at Tulare County Employees' Retirement Association's search for a small-cap to midcap value manager. Name of the finalists; Manager of the portfolio; Total asset allocation.
- Newlywed Financial Plans. Fay, W. David // Inside Tucson Business;7/2/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p23
The article presents schemes that are useful for married couples regarding with their financial matters. They are advised to set their priorities such as the proper way of spending their money and to revise their financial plans to reach their goals. It is ideal for them to have an annual review...
- Forecast From The Past. Michaud, Richard O.; Carty, C. Michael // Financial Planning;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p196
No abstract available.
- ALL THE RIGHT MOVES. Wang, Penelope; Kalwarski, Tara // Money;Dec2003, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p206
Offers end-of-the-year investment advice that could benefit one's company and tax planning. Topics of asset allocation, new tax laws, savings bonds, and retirement accounts; Budgeting for health-care costs and using flexible spending accounts; Reducing taxable income with capital losses,...
- Formulating retirement targets and the impact of time horizon on asset allocation. Booth, Laurence // Financial Services Review;Spring2004, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
This paper looks at standard retirement targets such as "70@65," meaning 70% income replacement at age 65, and reconsiders them in a probabilistic setting. The paper uses a chance constrained programming model, supplemented with Monte Carlo simulation, to extend the target to "70% of 70@65"...
- Keeping Money Unmarried. Palmer, Kimberly // U.S. News & World Report;4/28/2008, Vol. 144 Issue 12, p58
This article focuses on keeping personal finances separate between unmarried couples. The article explains that shared financial investments such as cars or homes can be lost if a couple breaks up. The article stresses individual accounts and credit cards. Couples with children or large assets...