How to turn an Annuity Policy into Monthly Income
- Asset allocation crucial to variable-annuity investors. Mundinger, Richard // Inside Tucson Business;3/11/96, Vol. 5 Issue 50, p14
Discusses how the variable annuity works and the importance of correct asset allocation. When a variable annuity works; Avoiding needless risk.
- Cement fund switches to money purchase plan. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;3/5/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p35
Reports on the redirection of the Cement and Concrete District Council Annuity fund to a member-directed money purchase plan in New York. Plans of the trustees to change asset allocation of the plan; Restrictions based on monetary considerations; Advantages of the money purchase plan.
- Assessing annuity's role in asset allocation plan. Streiff, Thomas // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/6/96, Vol. 100 Issue 19, p18
Analyzes the aim of asset allocation and looks at the role of annuities in asset allocation. Diversification of using variable annuities; Questions if returns can be increased by using variable annuities; Why variable annuities will outperform mutual funds; Difficulty of evaluating fixed...
- Asset Allocation Seen As Risk-Reducer. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/3/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 22, p32
Discusses the use of asset allocation in reducing risk in annuities. Function of asset allocation; Scope of risks involved in annuities; Difference between allocation and diversification.
- Venturesome, Just Not Aggressive. // LAN: Life Association News;Jul99, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p22
Discusses retirement asset allocation. Variable annuities as retirement savings plans; Figures for the leading classes of VA assets as of the end of 1994, 1996 and 1998 and through the first quarter of 1999; Growth in stock prices.
- The Key to Effective Asset Allocation. Quitter, Carsten // Advisor Today;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p29
The article offers information on creating portfolio with specific asset allocation of large insurance provider or an individual. It mentions that a financial advisor should make a portfolio's risk/return ratio after determining client's risk tolerance. It informs that fixed index annuities...
- Meeting the cost of care. Bolland, Mark // Money Marketing;7/8/2004, p52
Presents a question-and-answer advisory related to life annuity. Allocation of assets; Net income from assets; Assessment of the income shortfall.
- The Tax Advantages of VAs in Today's World. // On Wall Street;Aug2010, Vol. 20 Issue 8, pA1
The article discusses the role of variable annuities (VA) as investments that can be used to defer taxes. It describes the tax flexibility and control offered by VA, such as tax-free exchanges within nonqualified VA wherein buyers can alter their asset allocations within a VA without incurring a...
- Editorial. Satchell, Steve // Journal of Derivatives & Hedge Funds;Nov2014, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p199
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various reports on topics including development in hedge funds, asset allocation, and liquidity risks.