- Reader Spotcheck. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p33
Presents the results of a survey of financial planners in the United States as of October 2, 2000. Views on a more extensive disclosure of compensation; Percentage of clients who have stock options; Recruitment methods thought to be the most successful.
- Size up your adviser. Delport, Rikus // Finance Week;11/12/99, p44
Presents Old Mutual Agency Distribution marketing manager Japie van Niekerk's recommended three-step approach when selecting a financial adviser. Check the person's background and experience; Ensure the advice you get is relevant to your personal circumstances and is objective; Make sure the...
- Getting it. Werlin // Bank Investment Consultant;Aug99, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p64
Comments on the attitude of investment sales professionals in the United States. Impact of experience in the investment industry; Sample of how to differentiate an effective bank representative, wholesaler covering banks and bank investment program manager from their counterparts.
- INDEPENDENT VIEW. Bell, Colin // Money Marketing;11/22/2001, p31
Presents a view of an independent financial adviser (IFA) on remuneration issues in Great Britain. Description on how an IFA bases his financial advise; Compelling argument on fee-based advise; Description of the advise service at Charcol.
- Moving Up: When Advisors Want to Be Managers. Werlin, Paul // Financial-planning.com;11/24/2014, p3
The article discusses the criteria of three firm executives in promoting a financial advisor (FA) to a managerial position. Topics covered include Lawrence Orsini of First Niagara Bank citing FA knowledge about programs, bank operations and team member culture while Marc Vosen of Key Investment...
- The Window of Opportunity is Opening Again--So Jump! DEGENHARDT-BURKE, CARRI // On Wall Street;Dec2009, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p56
The author offers recruiting-related advice for financial advisors. She suggests that a financial advisor should be prepared to make a decision once he has been coached by a knowledgeable recruiter about the parameters of a deal. She also cites an example of a deal involving a recruiter and an...
- Getting the right people on board. Nethercote, Tim // Money Management;11/8/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p20
The article considers the factors a financial planning practice owner should take into account when hiring staff. It presents some of the author's general observations in relation to staffing issues and some specific suggestions for the recruitment of financial planners and paraplanners....
- The Best Life Guide to Choosing a Financial Advisor. Taylor, Chris // Best Life;Feb2008, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p78
This article provides ways for individuals in finding a financial advisor. Individuals should find a financial advisor who is trustworthy, highly skilled and one who can help with all aspects of financial life. It is important to find a registered investment advisor who is considered a...
- The future is in their hands. // Money Management;10/7/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p14
Comments that the next generation of financial planners value hard work, which offer an optimistic view of the future of the financial services industry in Australia. Offer of the same values in advice to clients; Maintenance of the integrity of the profession.