- Asset rich, income poor. Picard, Diane E. // Financial Planning;Oct98, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p124
Discusses how financial planners in the United States are adopting creative solutions to lift retirees' income as the bull market boosts stock prices and lower yields. Problems faced by retirees; Details on twofold approach to avoid dipping into reserves; Examples of diverse investment strategy.
- Choosing a financial planner. Snow, Mike // DollarSense;Winter99, p6
Explores key factors to consider when choosing financial planners in the United States. Resources for individuals searching for financial planners; Determination of planners' experiences and areas of specialization; Functions of financial planners; Determination of individual financial needs. ...
- An Emerging Partnership: AFS and the CFP Board. Pahl, Dede // Financial Services Review;1996, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p71
Profiles the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards, a private, nonprofit, regulatory organization of personal finance planners and educators in the United States. Growth in personal financial planning as a profession and as a separate body of knowledge worthy of attention by the...
- Planning Needs Are Different For Nontraditional Couples. Piontek, Stephen // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/2/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 27, p4
Discusses how financial planners should deal with the financial planning needs of gay and lesbian couples in the United States. List of the legal paperworks that gay couples must secure in order to achieve the same privileges enjoyed by traditional couples; Considerations in a domestic...
- Newly divorced clients require updated plans. Ioannides, Kathryn K. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Mar1995, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p76
Focuses on the help that financial planners can provide to meet the needs of recently divorced people in revising their financial plans. Help in coping with changes; Challenging clients to keep track of finances; Review of insurance policies; Investment of cash from property settlement.
- The time is now. Greenberg, Dan // Inside Tucson Business;9/19/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p31
Comments on the American style of planning personal goals and resolutions regarding personal finance. Demarcation of a new year as an opportunity for setting their financial objectives; Implementation of ways to change and improve financial life through investment allocation; Effective planning...
- Wise words. Mack, Gracian // Black Enterprise;Oct94, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p47
Offers the thoughts of Anita Roberston, financial consultant at Private Client Group, Merrill Lynch, Los Angeles, on structuring a portfolio for clients who want a hedge against inflation.
- A plan for the future. Schneider, E.E. // Fairfield County Business Journal;06/23/97, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p15
Focuses on baby boomers' fears about their future economic conditions and its implications for financial planners. Benefits of making one's own financial planning; Decreases in boomers' savings; Growing popularity of 401(k) plans.
- Turning Losses into Gains. Brennan, Len // Financial Planning;Jun2001, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p192
Provides tips for financial advisers in encouraging their clients to regain confidence on the financial planning services in the United States.