Virginia Gears Up for Nation's First Airport Revolving Fund
- Virginia to rev up airport SRF; may be first in nation to issue. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/02/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30695, p1
Focuses on Virginia's plans of launching a state revolving loan fund for airports. Plans of selling tax-exempt debt; Aim of providing low-interest loans to airports that may otherwise have troubles raising funds; Comment by Robert Lauterberg, executive director of the Virginia Resources Authority.
- Las Vegas Airport's $800 Million Deal Tops Negotiated Calendar. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;1/19/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33251, p7
The article offers news briefs related to financing in the U.S. including the two-year 800 million dollars financing of Clark County, Nevada for McCarran International Airport, the 360 million dollars revenue bonds to be issued by the Hospital Authority in Georgia and the 327.1 million dollar...
- Scope of eligibility for loan fund broadened. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/24/95, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the expansion of the scope for eligibility for Salt Lake County, Utah's Revolving Loan Fund. Financial benefits of the fund for companies wishing to expand; Amount availability for qualified businesses; Preference for well-paying stable jobs.
- City of Orem, Utah's revolving loan fund. Gudmundson, Karen L. // Economic Development Review;Spring96, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p37
Focuses on the Orem Revolving Loan Fund in Utah. Use of the fund to grow the proprietary product and manufacturing oriented companies in the city's business base; Economic development goals; Evaluation of the program's effectiveness in fulfilling the goals; Benefits derived by the economy from...
- County loan fund expands service area. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/01/97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the expansion of the Salt Lake County Revolving Loan Fund's service area to include all of Salt Lake County with the exception of Salt Lake City, West Valley City and Sandy.
- Rangel to unveil $50,000 revolving Investment Fund. // New York Amsterdam News;02/15/97, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the scheduled date of press conference by Charles B. Rangel, architect of the Empowerment Zone legislation and Derrick D. Cephas, chairman of the Board of the Business and Resource and Investment Service Center (BRISC), New York City, to announce the establishment of a revolving BRISC...
- State Sells GOs for Schools. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/14/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33299, p7
The article announces that the state of Michigan is selling 60 million dollars of taxable general obligation school loan bonds in order to finance a deposit in the state's school loan revolving fund.
- Pending Legislation Allows for $1.95 Billion in Airport Funding for Fiscal 1999. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/20/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30503, p5
Reports on a catch-all legislation expected to be passed by the United States Congress which provides for airport funding for fiscal 1999. Funding for the Airport Improvement Program in 1998; Authorization of the Federal Aviation Administration and AIP; Funding for highways and mass transit;...
- Borrowing for Brownfields. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/04/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30655, p1
Focuses on proposals from state governments in the United States to borrow from state revolving funds (SRF) to finance cleanup projects for brownfields. Loan applications for municipality cleanup received in New Mexico and Wisconsin; Benefits of expanding SRF loans according to state officials.