THE TRADING FLOOR
- IN THE NEWS. // Journal of Business (10756124);12/23/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p2
The article offers news briefs related to business in the U.S. Intellectual property protection law firm Lee & Hayes PLLC launched a corporate practice group to handle general corporate and tax transactions. Spokane County commissioners approved 412 million dollars for 2010 budget. As part of...
- UBS plans to drop Chicago retail division. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/26/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p37
The article reports that UBS Financial Services Inc. is eliminating its Chicago, Illinois-based Midwest retail division as part of a shakeup. UBS retail head Marten Hoekstra said in a company memo this month that James Pierce, who was director of the firm's Midwest division in Chicago, will head...
- Waiting out the storm. Adams, Bruce // Hotel & Motel Management;5/20/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 9, p3
Reports the impact of the 2001 September 11 tragedy on management companies in the U.S. Factors influencing the hesitancy of the business owners to invest capital in the company; Causes of corporate reorganization; Reduction of overhead expense.
- Going-Private Trend Falls Short Of Expectations. Burr, Michael T. // Corporate Legal Times;Aug2003, Vol. 13 Issue 141, p16
Delves into the legal aspects that companies must face in going into private in the U.S. Implications of legal procedures on companies going private; Reasons for exploring the going-private option; Usability of the leveraged buyout model; Process of litigation when things go wrong in going private.
- Names in the News. // Marketing News;4/24/95, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p22
The article presents various corporate reorganizations in the U.S. It mentions the promotion of Rod King to the position of vice-president for marketing of consumer markets division of the Fuji Photo Film U.S.A. Inc. John Taggart will head the San Francisco office of the Quantime Corp. Robert L....
- Making the Right Offer, Keeping the Best People. Rosenfeld, Debra Kay; Ritter, Barbara // Rural Telecommunications;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p24
Discusses the employee retention challenges faced by companies in rural areas in the United States. Features of employee recruiting in the 1980s and 1990s; Impact of downsizing and restructuring on workplace relationships; Employee compensation and benefits; Role of flexible work schedules in...
- S&H IN BRIEF. Nighswonger, Todd // Occupational Hazards;Dec2001, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p20
Reports business developments in the United States as of December 2001. Retirement of Terry Haws as chairman of the board of Haws Corp.; Identification of the bodies of miners in the explosion at the Jim Walters Resources; Corporate reorganization of the Illumination Polymer Technologies.
- CORPORATE AMERICA'S TRANSFUSION. Rozens, Aleksandrs // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/27/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 41, p18
The article discusses on the new source of fee income for street firms in the U.S., who may offer financial advise to companies that are on the verge of bankruptcy due to financial crisis. However, it is stated that because of the bankruptcy laws it will not be easy for these firms to capture...
- B&S restructuring yields exclusive distributor. // Ophthalmology Times;1/15/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p35
This article reports that Breitfeld & Schliekert (B&S) of Germany is handing over distribution duties within the United States to B & K Optical Tools and Supplies. Distribution of the company's optical tools, small parts, and machinery used to be the job of Breitfeld & Schliekert USA, before a...