Racine, Wis., Schools Will Not Appeal IRS Ruling
- Texas ISDs Crowd Market With Slew of Deals. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/5/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32459, p1
No abstract available.
- Birdville ISD votes for freeport tax exemption. Brown, Marsha // Business Press;9/1/95, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p4
Reports on Birdville school district board members in Tarrant County, Texas' voting for Freeport Tax Exemption status. Features of the lobbying efforts by the Northeast Tarrant County business community; Comment by Greg Nichol, president of Allied Electronics; Implications of the move.
- L.A. Schools Selling $1.8B of GOs, Part Tax-Exempt and Part BABs. WARD, ANDREW // Bond Buyer;2/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33263, p28
The article reports on the plan of Los Angeles Unified School District to sell 1.8 billion of general obligations bonds in February, 2010. It notes that the plan includes two bond offerings, about a third as tax-exempt debt and about two thirds taxable Build America Bonds (BABs). It mentions...
- Texas School District Has Strong Showing for $86M Deal, Including BABs. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/22/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33153, p7
The article reports on the strong response of the Carroll Independent School District to its 86 million-dollar deal in Texas. It notes that the deal covers approximately 58 million dollars of taxable Build America Bonds (BABs), 22 million dollars of tax-exempt refunding bonds, and 7 million...
- Takeover of Philadelphia School District Puts $300 Million Deal on Horizon. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;12/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31292, p44
Reports on takeover of Philadelphia School District by Pennsylvania thereby placing a multi-million dollar sale of tax-exempt debt. Reason behind the takeover; Contribution of an additional multi-million dollar for five years by the state; Role of school reform commission in the takeover.
- Kansas School District Offers Final Piece of $167M Authorization. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31414, p31
Reports the general obligation bonds of school district in Kansas. Expansion of schools in the Blue Valley School District; Growth of tax-exempt bonds; Funding mechanism of schools; Emphasis on the sales tax ballot.
- NEW YORK: Bethlehem Schools Set Deal. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/16/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32671, p9
The article reports on the plan of Bethlehem Central School District in New York to competitively sell $29.4 million of tax-exempt bonds to finance various capital projects. The serial bonds will be sold in two series, Series 2007A for $8.4 million that will mature in 27 years and Series 2007B...
- Tax-increment finance bonds slow to catch on in N.Y. Poltenson, Norman // Business Journal (Central New York);11/2/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p1
The article provides information about the limited supply of funds for tax-increment finance (TIF) bonds in New York. The funds for TIFs have been limited on the ground that the enabling legislation did not require the real-estate taxes of school districts to be included in bond repayment....
- NEW YORK: School Deal Targets Bans. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;4/16/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32608, p9
The article reports on the plan of the upstate Salamanca City Central School District to sell its tax-exempt bonds to take out bond anticipation notes maturing in May and June 2007 in New York. The revenues earned from the bonds will be used to finance renovations and additions to several school...