NEWS IN BRIEF
- New York housing market slows from 2002 pace. // Business Journal (Central New York);5/16/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the declining sales of single-family homes in Syracuse New York. Increase of the median selling price; Representation of the real estate professionals.
- '97 was turnaround year for Calif. home prices. Prakash, Snigdha // American Banker;2/2/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 21, p16
States that 1997 was a good year for California single-family home prices. Amount which the price of homes rose to in December 1997; Comments from G.U. Krueger, California Association of Realtors deputy chief economist; Identification of places where more homes are being sold than they did in...
- Existing home sales drop, but still at historic high. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/5/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p21
Reports on the declining sales of single family homes in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Assessment of the housing inventory levels; Housing prices; Sales activity.
- Homeowner heaven. // American Nurseryman;6/15/94, Vol. 179 Issue 12, p17
Reports on the cost of single-family homes. Contributing factors; Expected markets for strong homeownerships; Insight into home prices of Midwestern cities.
- February homeownership statistics remain steady. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;04/27/98, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p20
Cites statistics compiled by the Greater Syracuse Association of Realtors/Central New York Information Service Inc., which found that Onondaga and Madison counties reported a decrease in the average selling price of a single-family home in February 1998. Total number of closed sales reported...
- Surprise! Winnetka homes aren't cheap. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/06/96, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p15
Reports that a survey by Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate shows the prices of single-family homes in Winnetka to be expensive. Comparison of prices of homes in Bolingbrook to that of Winnetka.
- Sale Concessions and Market Value: Solving the Appraiser's Dilemma. Allen, Paul R.; Shilling, James D.; Sirmans, C.F. // Appraisal Journal;Apr86, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p205
Examines the relationship between single-family house prices and atypical sale concessions. Contract contingencies and the valuation process; Model and data; Implications for appraisers.
- Home investment competition INTENSIFIES. McLean, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);4/11/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 8, pB1
In this article the author focuses on the home investments as demand of the distressed sales of single family homes that come under 100,000 U.S. dollars is increasing rapidly in the U.S.
- House sales, prices surge in Westchester. GOLDEN, JOHN // Westchester County Business Journal;4/21/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 16, p7
The article reports that there is 19 percent rise in the sales of single-family homes in Westchester County, New York in first quarter of 2014.