Seeking Return on E-Investment, Goldman Trims Sales Division
- Goldman's 4Q Earning's Rise 23%. Bloomberg News // American Banker;12/17/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 241, p18
Reports that revenue from fixed-income trading and fees from providing merger advice helped Goldman Sachs Group Inc.'s 2004 fiscal fourth-quarter profits rise from a year earlier. Financial performance of the company in 2004.
- Investment Banking Gives Goldman a Boost. // American Banker;9/13/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 176, p20
This article reports that Goldman Sachs Group Inc. said that revenue from investment banking and fixed-income trading helped its third-quarter earnings drop less than expected. Net income for the three months that ended August 25, 2006 fell to 1.4%, to $1.59 billion, or $3.26 per share.
- Lehman Posts 24% Profit Gain. // American Banker;3/16/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 51, p20
The article looks at a statement by Lehman Brothers that solid fixed-income trading and near-record merger activity around the world helped lift its 2006 first-quarter earnings 24%. Lehman earned $1.08 billion, or $3.66 a share, including a 16 cents a share accounting-change gain. Goldman Sachs...
- Freddie Plans $6B Note Sale. // American Banker;1/6/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 3, p20
The article reports that U.S. government-sponsored enterprise Freddie Mac expects to sell off reference notes valued at at least $6 billion as past issues decline compared to benchmarks. Financial services firms Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Barclays PLC, and Citigroup Inc. have been contracted to...
- Morgan Stanley Cuts Hit Public Finance Operation. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/11/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F347, p1
Morgan Stanley is cutting 25% of its public finance team as part of a cost-cutting plan to eliminate 25% of its overall fixed-income workforce.
- Goldman eyeing Morgan, AIG for possible merger. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;05/04/98, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p1
States that a committee which was formed by Goldman Sachs and Company is evaluating a possible merger with J.P. Morgan or American International Group Incorporated (AIG). Why the committee was formed; When a vote on whether the company should go public is expected; Benefits of a merger with AIG...
- Guilford Mills Hires Goldman Sachs. Greene, Joshua // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/21/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 83, p10
Greensboro, North Carolina-based Guilford Mills Inc. has hired investment bank Goldman Sachs to help it explore strategic financial alternatives, such as a potential sale or financial restructuring. Guilford Mills exited from bankruptcy in 2002 and needs to determine if any kind of change in...
- Goldman: Visteon Turnaround Stuck in Reverse. Freed, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/22/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p3
The article discusses Goldman Sachs analyst Robert Barry's research report which concludes that U.S. automobile supplier Visteon Corp. is not making progress on its restructuring plan. Visteon has increased the number of plants it want to sell or close to 30 from 23. In his report, Barry states...
- More on Goldman's Revamping. Mehta, Nina // Traders Magazine;Oct2005, Vol. 18 Issue 245, p22
Reports that Goldman Sachs & Co. has reorganized its equity trading operations in the U.S. Improvement of its internal hedge fund; Changes in its institutional trading business; Development of its marketing management.