- Plain Talk on Lens Coatings. Lamparelli, Karlen // Review of Optometry;6/15/2001, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p61
Reports on the categories and purposes of ophthalmic lens coatings available in the United States as of June 15, 2001. Ultraviolet; Scratch-resistant; Anti-reflective; Multicoatings; Photochromics.
- New Progressives For Today's Aggressives. Murphy, John // Review of Optometry;6/15/2001, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p67
Highlights trends in progressive lens designs in the United States as of June 15, 2001. Requirements of Rodenstock for its Impression ILT lenses; Assurance of clear vision with no distortion with the use of the Gradal Individual lenses; Casting of Essilor's Varilux DRX lenses to prescription.
- Light filter lenses. // Quintessence International;Nov1985, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p802
The article evaluates the Corning CPF filter lenses from Corning Medical Optics.
- Self-Assessment Examination. // 20/20;Jan2009, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p78
A quiz related to multifocal lenses in presented.
- power. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1865
An encyclopedia entry for the term "power," which may refer to the rate at which work is done, the degree of magnification of a lens or optical instrument, the capacity for action, or the number of times a value is to be multiplied by itself, is presented.
- Advanced manufacturing generates conformal optics. Ruckman, Jeff; Pollicove, Harvey // Laser Focus World;Jul99, Vol. 35 Issue 7, pS13
Discusses the grinding techniques for nontraditional optical shapes for military use. Requirements of the optical systems; Deterministic microgrinding process developed by several companies; Equipment using the magnetorheological finishing (MRF) precision polishing technology; Advantages of MRF.
- SELF-ASSESSMENT EXAMINATION. // 20/20;Mar2014, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p157
A quiz concerning the type of material used in the manufacturing of lenses is presented.
- Collimators to put HD back into focus. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Jan2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p24
Reports on the launching of the Carl Zeiss Sharp Max precision portable collimation instrument by Bank Pro Film/Video and Century Optics. Features of the collimator; Use of the collimator for back-focus problem of camera; Utilization of Zeiss DigiPrime lenses for the SharpMax.
- See More with CEMAX. di Cicco, Dennis // Sky & Telescope;Jul2003, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p50
Features CEMAX eyepieces and Barlow lens used for sun hydrogen alpha viewing. Fixed focal lengths; Product design; Prices.