- Technology -- Optical disk. // Records Management Quarterly;Oct94, Vol. 28 Issue 4, 1994-1995 Technical... p4
Features publications on optical imaging. Includes `COLD: The Report on COLD,' by Mason Grigsby; `Electronic Document Systems: User Evaluations'; `Optical Disk Systems for Records Management,' by William Saffady; Contact information.
- European librarians, publishers issue statement on optical media. // Library Journal;2/1/1988, Vol. 113 Issue 2, p19
Reports on the release of the statement 'The Use of Optical Media for Publication of Full Text: Cooperation Between Publishers and Librarians,' by a group of librarians and publishers in Europe. Possibilities and problems that optical media offer to the book community; Contact information.
- A Study of the B[e] Star AS 160. Miroshnichenko, A. S.; Klochkova, V. G.; Bjorkman, K. S. // Astronomy Letters;May2003, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p336
We present the results of our study of the poorly known B[e] star AS 160 = IRAS 07370-2438. The high-resolution spectrum obtained with the 6-m BTA telescope exhibits strong emission in the Ha line with a two-component profile, indicating that the gaseous envelope of the star is non-spherical....
- THEN ... NOW ... ANEW. Spina, James J. // 20/20;Oct2014, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p24
The article discusses the contributions of various past and present publishers to the "20/20"periodical as it celebrates its 40th anniversary, in 2014, including Marc Ferrara, Dennis Murphy, and Bill Scott.
- Publish smart or perish. Haile-Mariam, Atikem; Easton, Martyn // Lightwave;Jun98, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p56
Deals with the upgrade of educational book publisher, Simon & Schuster's network cabling at sites throughout the United States. Features of the installation; Factors that prompted the implementation of all-fiber infrastructures; Purpose of the optical fiber networks in the company.
- No Editorial for a Blurred Window. Copotoiu, Sanda-Maria // Acta Medica Marisiensis;Oct2011, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p404
The author reflects on the value of parochial journals that strive for fairness and transparency as a reliable means to communicate research. She mentions that the "Acta Medica Marisiensis" (AMM) has been assessed through a blurred window for ardently missing the desired inclusions. The author...
- Comments on "An Efficient Configuration for Significant Enhancement of Energy of 266 nm" published in Journal of Nonlinear Optics and Quantum Optics Vol. 39, No. 4, pp. 315-323 (2009) by S Dutta Roy and S Gangopadhyay. CHATTERJEE, UDIT; BHAR, GOPAL CHANDRA // Nonlinear Optics, Quantum Optics: Concepts in Modern Optics;2011, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p175
No abstract available.
- Content of the following issue of Opticheskii Zhurnal (Journal of Optical Technology). Makushenko, A. // Optics & Spectroscopy;Jan2006, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p148
A list of articles that will be published in the January 2006 issue of the "Journal of Optical Technology" is presented. The articles include "Effect of a Solvent on the Oscillator Strengths of Intense Vibronic Absorption Bands of Polyatomic Molecules," "Surface Shaping of Polyphase Optical...
- Reply. Riish�jgaard, Lars P.; Atlas, Robert; Emmitt, George D. // Journal of Applied Meteorology & Climatology;Jun2006, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p887
The author comments on some published issues in the journal related to atmospheric researches and experiments. One of the issues cited was that of Lars P. Riishï¿½jgaard, the authors argued on the limited use of the observation taken from the Doppler wind lidar system. They based their...