Raser Tech: Plug-in Hybrid SUV in April
- FEV, Raser to Jointly Develop Powertrain to be Fitted Into Raser Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle. Barclay, Steve // Automotive Industries;Dec2007, Vol. 187 Issue 12, p10
The article reports on an agreement forged by advanced powertrain and vehicle technologies developer FEV with Raser Technologies Inc. to integrate Raser Technology's Symetron(TM) electric motor and power electronic drive powertrain technology into a traditional internal combustion gasoline...
- Greener SUVs coming soon. Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;4/23/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the plan of automobile companies to build gas-electric hybrid sports utility vehicles. Failure to specify fuel economy of cars; Feature of a V6 engine that can run on gasoline or electricity; Fuel consumption of the cars.
- Ssangyong Promises Diesel Hybrid in '08. // Ward's Auto World;May2006, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p9
The article reports on an innovative diesel hybrid-electric drivetrain displayed by engineering consultant FEV Engine Technology Inc. at the recent Society of Automotive Engineers World Congress in the U.S. in 2006. South Korean automobile maker Ssangyong Motor Co. Ltd. will start producing the...
- first look. // Consumer Reports;Feb2005, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p6
Provides a preview of the 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid. Description of the sport utility vehicle and its hybrid engine; Significance of the vehicle's very low emissions and improved gas mileage over standard SUV's; Brief review of the Escape hybrid, including a description of the driving experience.
- FEV tips range extenders for US. // Automotive Engineer;May2009, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the formulation of two electric automobile that have range-extender engines by FEV Engine Technology Inc. in Europe. Gary Rogers, chief executive of FEV, states that the Caliber electric car has been developed as an internal research and development project and they use...
- Solid SCR system needs no AdBlue. // Automotive Engineer;May2009, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p47
The article reports on the development of a selective catalytic reduction (SCR) system for diesel engines that uses solid urea by FEV Engine Technology Inc. It mentions that Solid SCR technology has a lot of potential due to its packaging and it does not present the same issues at...
- Cutbacks aside, industry still needs engineers. Guyer, Lillie // Automotive News;3/27/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6195, p24J
The article discusses the shortage of engineers in the automobile industry. FEV Engine Technology Inc., of Auburn Hills, Michigan, is having a hard time finding qualified advanced power train design and development engineers. Other hard-to-fill jobs include powertrain engineers who understand...
- 2012 Green SUV Buyer's Guide - Lighter Footprints. Hindes, Martha // Road & Travel;7/10/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 7.1, p7
The article observes that green cars are emerging as an earth-friendly hue worthy of equal considerations as other colors. It suggests that green sport utility vehicle (SUV) and crossover utility vehicle (CUV) offer more capability with a downsized footprint. The article also reveals that...
- Finally, an SUV that isn't a gas hog! Ellis, Clare // Good Housekeeping;Oct2004, Vol. 239 Issue 4, p77
Features the Escape Hybrid automobile, the first sport utility vehicle to run on a combination gas engine and electric motor from Ford. Performance capacity; Price range; Environmental benefits.