- Eye on the Stimulus: Anniversary of Stimulus Met with Praise and Scorn. Flavelle, Christopher // Pro Publica;2/14/2010, p1
The article looks at the progress report of the U.S. American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (also known as stimulus), initiated by President Barack Obama in 2009 to provide tax cuts, financial aid and infrastructure projects. It is stated that stimulus has created more than two million jobs and...
- Eye on the Stimulus: Stimulus Spending Now at $314 Billion. Flavelle, Christopher // Pro Publica;3/ 7/2010, p3
The article reports that about 314 billion dollars of the nearly 800 billion dollars American Recovery and Reinvestment Act has been paid out by the United States President Barack Obama administration. This figure also includes the 195 billion dollars in spending and tax cuts of 119 billion dollars.
- House Dems Offer $825B Economic Plan. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/15/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 10, p14
The article reports on the revelation of the 825 billion U.S. dollar economic recovery package by the House Democrats and U.S. President Barack Obama in the U.S. The economic recovery package has been intended to create jobs in a downturn economy that will lead to the repair of roads and...
- WHY DID THE AMERICAN RECOVERY AND REINVESTMENT ACT (ARRA) FAIL-- OR DID IT? Reid, L. Jan // European Journal of Management;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p12
The United States Congress approved the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) on February 13, 2009. U.S. President Barack Obama signed the bill into law on February 17, 2009. ARRA was passed in response to widespread fears that the United States was in danger of slipping into a...
- Fee parties. CARLINO, BILL // Accounting Today;5/18/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p6
The author talks about his boycott of the tea parties held in New York in April 2009 where people earning more than $250,000 yearly are protesting tax hikes on their income. They are protesting the out-of-control spending in Washington such as $787 billion stimulus bill and the bailouts of banks...
- Progressives' sound of silence. Young, John // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);11/3/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 31, p3A
In this article the author discusses aspects of the stimulus act of 2009 by the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama during the global financial crisis and the stand of progressive politicians regarding the bill.
- Readers disappointed in Obama's latest jobs plan. // njbiz;9/19/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p15
The article discusses the results of a survey conducted on "NJBIZ" subscribers which show that an overwhelming majority are dissatisfied with U.S. President Barack Obama's job stimulus plans.
- Claiming Political Credit. Penza, Logan // Moderate Voice;8/17/2010, p7
The article offers the author's insight on the order of the White House to label all projects funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act with a sign that will credit U.S. President Barack Obama.
- Nearly 40 Percent of Stimulus Paid Out. Flavelle, Christopher // Pro Publica;2/28/2010, p3
The article reports that the stimulus worth 309 billion dollars out of 800 billion dollar has been paid by the U.S. President Barack Obama administration in the U.S.