Harcourt Gains Online Tools In Partnership Deal With Riverdeep
- K-12 Education Group Leads Harcourt 2000 Revenue Growth. // Educational Marketer;12/18/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p2
Reports on the revenue growth of K-12 Education Group at Harcourt General in the fourth quarter of 2000.
- Harcourt sets $200 mil buyback. Peers, Martin // Variety;3/13/95, Vol. 358 Issue 6, p66
Reports on Harcourt General Inc.'s plan to buy back its own stock. Harcourt's cash reserves; Harcourt as possible buyer of NBC and CBS.
- Harcourt General to spin off theatre unit. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/20/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 38, p8
Reports on Harcourt General's spin off of its theatre operations. Operation of the General Cinema Theatres to be managed by GC Companies; Ownership and share of stocks; Timetable.
- Strong third publishing quarter at Harcourt General. Milliot., Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/6/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the sales performance of Harcourt General for the quarter ending July 31, 1993. Increase in operating profit; Performance of various departments and units; Strong year for publishing group.
- Cash-rich Harcourt seeking acquisitions, moving from print. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/25/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 17, p14
Reports on the plan of Harcourt General to acquire publishing companies. Problem with excess cash; Investment in internal development; Key products under development.
- School units led Harcourt Bruce in 1993. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/21/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the operating income of Harcourt General for 1993. Percentage increase from earnings in 1992; Sales from elementary schools; Success of the `Treasury of Literature' reading program; Sales from secondary school group; Sales from the college group.
- Acquisitions a top priority for Harcourt General. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/7/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 45, p12
Reports on Harcourt General's acquisitions in the publishing industry. Investment of $800 million in cash; Dick Morgan as chairman; Outlook of Harcourt for 1995.
- Harcourt's Sales And Net Income Increase In Its Third Quarter. // Educational Marketer;10/04/99, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p6
Presents 1999 financial information on Harcourt General Incorporated, an educational publisher.
- Restructured Harcourt To Emphasize Aggressive Marketing, Online Sales. // Educational Marketer;12/06/99, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p4
Reports that Harcourt General Inc. announced that it was realigning its educational and publishing subsidiary into four operating groups to strengthen the overall company's sales and marketing performances.