Cinar Extends Financial Probe, Explains Delay To Shareholders
- CINAR TROUBLES PILE UP. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;03/13/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 7, p7
Reports that Canadian television company Cinar Corp. said that its financial statements for 1997, 1998 and the first three quarters of 1999 will need to be revised. Internal audit; Revision of tax incentives and disclosure of related party transactions; Lawmakers accusation of Cinar of abusing...
- Scandal whacks Cinar's bottom line. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;3/25/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 18, p10
Reports on the financial performance of Canadian kids television producer Cinar Corp. for the year ended November 30, 2001. Factor attributed for the financial loss; Source of revenue; Non-recurring charge based on a number of unusual items.
- CINAR STANCHES RED INK IN 1Q, BUT REV FALLS. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;5/29/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 63, p15
Reports on the financial statements of Canadian childrens' television producer Cinar. Details on the net earnings of the company for the first quarter of 2002; Revenues for the three months ending February 28, 2002; Lawsuits settled by the company.
- Cinar Corp. For Sale, Files Long-Awaited, Unaudited Financial Report. // Electronic Education Report;02/14/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p2
Reports the release of the unaudited consolidated financial report of Cinar Corp in Montreal, Quebec. Plans of selling Cinar Corp.; Settlement of a lawsuit with Globe-X Management; Effect of unaudited financial on potential buyers.
- For 1998, revenues, operating income soar at Cinar Corp. // Electronic Education Report;03/03/99, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the financial performance of publisher Cinar Corp. for the fiscal year ended November 30, 1998. Deals signed in China and Canada; Comparison of the financial performance with the previous year.
- Cinar Corp.'s education holdings see 41.3% revenue growth in 1Q. // Electronic Education Report;05/12/99, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Cinar Corp. for the first quarter ended February 28, 1999. Growth in revenues of education holdings which publishes and distributes classroom supplements; Increase in gross profit and net income.
- Entertainment publisher Cinar to bring its education focus to the Internet. // Electronic Education Report;11/24/99, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p3
Reports that Cinar Corp. will expand its electronic media offerings on the World Wide Web.
- Cinar Recovers $46M From Fraudulent Investment; Appoints New Leaders. // Electronic Education Report;03/29/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p7
Reports that Cinar Corp. recovered a total of ten million dollars from investment fraud.
- Cinar To Fight Delisting; Hires Merrill Lynch To Explore Business Alternatives. // Electronic Education Report;08/16/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the delisting of Cinar Corp.'s stocks on the Nasdaq due to the company's inability to complete and publicly file audited financial statements.